How to get the most out of CB?

17 years 10 months ago #13587 by jaimwa
Replied by jaimwa on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
Hi bdkyle

Thanks for your reply. I have read the forums and documentation and there is nothing really that tells me about the various uses of CB.

Maybe you wouldn't mind sharing with me what you use it for and why you find it so good?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #13588 by bdkyle
Replied by bdkyle on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
As the name implies, Community Builder allows you to build a community, as well as take advantage of the features provided by Joomla.

My primary interest was to find a replacement for a vintage custom Perl-based solution that allows one to restrict post access both to forums and to additional content. Most forums packages are just forums, and Joomla/CB is far more useful and flexible.

I haven't quite launched my new site yet, but based on my extensive research and testing, I believe that CB should foot the bill rather nicely.

I hope it will scale as well as it seems to. :)

17 years 10 months ago #13591 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
jaimwa wrote:

Hi bdkyle

Thanks for your reply. I have read the forums and documentation and there is nothing really that tells me about the various uses of CB.

Maybe you wouldn't mind sharing with me what you use it for and why you find it so good?

Thanks

I find this extremely hard to believe. ps thanks for the karma down :)

Post edited by: stevebor1, at: 2006/05/22 18:59

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

17 years 10 months ago #13671 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
If you don't already have an idea of how you plan to use CB you can just browse other's websites and see how they have implemented CB. I've personally used it numerous times to build Alumni Websites and various other community based websites.

I would agree that direct questions will get you more responses.. they are just easier to reply to ;)

Good Luck

17 years 10 months ago #13687 by jaimwa
Replied by jaimwa on topic Re:How to get the most out of CB?
Thanks for the reply browneye.

When I figure this whole CB thing out I am going to make a post on the best ways to use CB and then people like me who are struggling can read it and understand the concept. I can't really understand why this doesn't already exist - it does for nearly every other component. If the idea of this community is to spread the word and usage of CB then I hope I can help when I figure it all out.

I got a nice PM from a site member telling me a few things about CB so thanks goes out to him.

I am also aware that the guys that have made this component have provided it free of charge so thanks to them too. I really didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Cheers

Jaim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.937 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn