eMail shown in Profile

15 years 10 months ago #65520 by M4T5UI
Replied by M4T5UI on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
Hi, I use this hack but e-mail addresses showed in the profile are not secured by the e-mail cloak mambot.

On a normal page the javascript function disables reading the e-mail for search engines and the e-mail address is encrypted, but in the profile page the e-mail is shown between the javascript function in the source code of the page.

In comparison to other pages the e-mail address in the profile and userlist page is shown a second time not encrypted in the javascript code as " var addy_text59466 = 'mail@address.com';".

Has someone an idea to solve this problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #66642 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:eMail shown in Profile
M4T5UI wrote:

Hi, I use this hack but e-mail addresses showed in the profile are not secured by the e-mail cloak mambot.

On a normal page the javascript function disables reading the e-mail for search engines and the e-mail address is encrypted, but in the profile page the e-mail is shown between the javascript function in the source code of the page.

In comparison to other pages the e-mail address in the profile and userlist page is shown a second time not encrypted in the javascript code as " var addy_text59466 = 'mail@address.com';".

Has someone an idea to solve this problem?

Yes, I do :D

It's implemented properly in CB 1.2 RC with cloaking, etc. In fact all predefined fields are normal CB fields in CB 1.2 RC ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn