You are not authorized to view this resource.

17 years 8 months ago #17652 by bjraines
I am using the new version of Joomla. As Super Admin I am able to submit news in the user menu that comes with Joomla installatin.

I registered as a new user with a new email address with the CB login. The other one is unpublished.

When I try to use the submit news link it says

When I try to use another component, Joomblog

it says I am not a registered user.

Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #17753 by tr1
bjraines wrote:

I am unable to submit news in the user menu that comes with Joomla installatin....When I try to use the submit news link it says

Same problem for me. I can submit a weblink but not a news one.

I'm new to all this and am still trying to figure out how joomla and components like this one work. I did a search here for the same problem but didn't really understand the answer!
Is there a simple explanation as to why it's not working.
thanks all

*edit* btw I am using Joomla 1.0.10

Post edited by: tr1, at: 2006/07/27 21:53

17 years 8 months ago #17817 by ldavies
I don't think it's anything to do with the version of joomla you are on. A user has to be an "author" to submit articles. All new users by default are the level below authors which is "registered".

All you need to do is make the user an "author" in the usermanagement menu and they can submit

17 years 8 months ago #17830 by luciano991
Replied by luciano991 on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this resource.
Whoa, dude. Do you mean i have to manually change every user to an author. And i don't see where this is possible in user manager. Thanks.

Luciano

17 years 4 months ago #26726 by creativeraven
Replied by creativeraven on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this resource.
I tried making a user an "author" and still got the error. Anyone found a workable solution to this error yet?

17 years 3 months ago #29429 by Berlin
no help at all? You are not authorized to view this resource. i guess i just have to uninstall this thing.

Post edited by: Berlin, at: 2007/01/20 06:50

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn