Lost password email not working

15 years 8 months ago #69640 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Lost password email not working
This is really wierd.

I was about to move the thread to identified issues, but before that:

I just reviewed the code for this and did some tests, and the lost password email is sent with the same functions and from/reply-to addresses as the registration emails sent to the new user.

Could you all in here please try following:

- register a user with an email
- check that this email gets the registration email(s)

- use lost login form to have the username sent
- check that this email is really not received (including in spambox) ?

Thanks B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #69728 by jasellyn
Replied by jasellyn on topic Re:Lost password email not working
Hi beat...

I tried the lost password only in Mozilla Firefox; IE; and Safari using my test account. This time it all worked for me--except all I got was a blank message screen after I submitted my lost password request (any thoughts on that?).

Then I tried the lost user name feature, same thing. Still got a blank message screen after submission, but it all worked fine re: receiving the email.

I'm wondering if perhaps I had a collision with another extension (I did a little housekeeping yesterday), and combined with the Ohmigod User Syndrome (the infamous "I don't know how to use my browser" and "what's a spam folder?" phobia), it's just something that I will need to update in our FAQs.

For me, it's all suddenly working...beautifully. Weird.

I'll keep tabs on whether this occurs again, though. Thank you!

We are all omnibuses in which our ancestors ride, and every now and then one of them sticks his head out and embarrasses us. — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

15 years 7 months ago #69773 by beat
Our blank page FAQ best-seller :D :

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/37/

Maybe you will know more what the error is ?

(yes, a collision is indeed possible)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #70085 by deborahSusan
Replied by deborahSusan on topic Re:Lost password email not working
I've been experiencing the same issue . . . but it seems to be intermittent.

As prescribed above, I created a new user, the confirmation email was sent, and I went through the login process without a hitch.

Then I used the "Lost Password?", and the email arrived as it should.

However I tested it earlier today with a tester acct, after a user was unable to login. Several times, the response from "Lost Password?" was no such user . . . and once an email was sent but it never came to the tester acct's email address.

Another related issue is that sometimes users are told there is no such user, and then they are actually logged in (the welcome "Hi, username" appears)!

I'm confused! Can you point me in the right direction to help me resolve these issues?

Thx so much!

15 years 7 months ago #70142 by beat
check CB database in CB tools

(upgrade to CB 1.1 or CB 1.2 RC 2 asap for security reasons anyway)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn