Urgent- User Registration notification email

16 years 10 months ago #37764 by bignellrp
Replied by bignellrp on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
Would it still be this suggested problem if an email is receive bu the client signing up, but not receive by admin? The fact an email is going out to the client must mean php sendmail is working?

Is anyone else having this problem after a new install?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43409 by seajaee
I had the problem of not receiving an email. I went to the configuration of CB to the Registration tab and set it so that each user must be approved by admin. Then I got the email.

With Admin. Approval set to 'no', I wasn't getting any sort of "new user' email notification. Set Admin. Approval to "yes' and see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by: seajaee, at: 2007/08/19 05:55

16 years 7 months ago #43594 by bignellrp
Replied by bignellrp on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
No, this didnt really help. I already have the checkbox for "Approval set to yes" activated.
I have even upgraded to the new version (1.1) and still i get no emails. The new user gets the first email asking them to activate, but i do not get the 'activation' email.

I cant see where to input the administrators email address. As someone said, php mail must be working as otherwise no emails would be sent at all.

seajaee wrote:

I had the problem of not receiving an email. I went to the configuration of CB to the Registration tab and set it so that each user must be approved by admin. Then I got the email.

With Admin. Approval set to 'no', I wasn't getting any sort of "new user' email notification. Set Admin. Approval to "yes' and see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by: seajaee, at: 2007/08/19 05:55

16 years 6 months ago #44744 by gasoline
Had the smae problem. What you shoud do:

Go to CB >>> User Management

Go to the administrator who you want to receive activation mails etc.

Search for: Receive Moderator Emails
Set to YES.

Hope I'v been to some help.

IWIB

16 years 2 months ago #53412 by Atol
Thanks! Small tab to be overseen...
Turning receive moderator mails did the trick.

16 years 2 months ago #54362 by pbmax
Edit:
Fixed
Turns out the admin won't get email until the user confirms email address. My users didn't know to click to confirm in the initial email.
What's that axim? "Never trust user input"?

I tried all the steps listed here and still don't get user notification emails. The "Pending Membership" notification on front-end login is empty as wel.

Until this is fixed, I'll just disable CB (notifications work fine that way)
pb

Post edited by: pbmax, at: 2008/01/15 16:56

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn