Help! Registration Emails being BLOCKED by Hotmal!

17 years 2 months ago #30755 by Dexx
This is so weird!

For some reason Hotmail is not accepting ANY emails from my site (member registration, picture approvals, PM ntofications)

and it USED to, it seems to have just up and stopped!?

Has this happened to anyone before? Any recommendations?

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

imnetworked@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<mrdexx@server1.fusednetwork.com> SIZE=1949:
host mx1.hotmail.com [65.54.244.8]: 550 Your e-mail was rejected for policy reasons on this gateway. Reasons for rejection may be related to content such as obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (or) other reputation problems. For sender troubleshooting information, please go to postmaster.msn.com. Please note:
if you are an end-user please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for assistance.

This is a copy of the message, including all the headers.

Return-path: <mrdexx@server1.fusednetwork.com>
Received: from mrdexx by server1.fusednetwork.com with local (Exim 4.63)
(envelope-from <mrdexx@server1.fusednetwork.com>)
id 1HFCwR-0005lh-Ka
for imnetworked@hotmail.com; Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:20:15 -0600
To: imnetworked@hotmail.com
Subject: IMNetworked.com - Where People Know People!-Your Registration is Pending Approval
X-PHP-Script: www.imnetworked.com/index.php for 198.53.164.230
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:20:15 -0600
From: "ImNetworked.com Registration" <admin@ImNetworked.com>
Reply-to: "ImNetworked.com Registration" <admin@ImNetworked.com>
Message-ID: <2600ac2b4bdcaeb56327d5acb12b99ce@www.imnetworked.com>
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: PHPMailer [version 1.73]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Test Email

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from IMNetworked.com - Where People Know People! (www.imnetworked.com).

I tried changing mail settings and mail sender emails, but no luck! Just keeps bouncing back to server email :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #35371 by tmreyno
Same problem on a brand new site for a cycling team using both PHPmailer and sendmail have not checked SMTP YET!

17 years 1 week ago #35406 by p9939068
Dexx wrote:

550 Your e-mail was rejected for policy reasons on this gateway. Reasons for rejection may be related to content such as obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (or) other reputation problems. For sender troubleshooting information, please go to postmaster.msn.com. Please note:
if you are an end-user please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for assistance.

This can happen if too many people list your mailing address as spam. You can try changing/using a new email for registrations. I think the link they provided will have more information.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

16 years 11 months ago #36424 by jeffa

15 years 9 months ago #67240 by bmientka
I think the problem is that the Return-path and Envelope-from is not a valid address. The return path should be the From or Reply address. I can't figure out how to change this.

Return-path: <mrdexx@server1.fusednetwork.com> and (envelope-from

15 years 9 months ago #67501 by beat
CB config / registration email from address must be valid address.

IF you are on joomla 1.5 , this is a problem in CB 1.1 and is solved in CB 1.2 RC 2.

@jeffa: thanks for this very useful link B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn