Resolved: default lists display - others don't

17 years 1 week ago #35411 by nextstep
PROBLEM: Default displays for visitors (and registered users)
ALL other lists give the login message: You are not authorised to view this resource. You need to login.

Note: when logged in All the lists ARE visible to all users.
I have followed this I found in another post.

Have you followed the following steps:

* CB->Configuration backend, User Profile tab, set Allow Access to 'Everybody' (this means that the actual profiles are now publically viewable) CHECK
* Now to get to a profile it would be a good idea to make a publically accessible CB List: So make sure your CB Lists menu item is on the main menu and is set for public viewing CHECK
* Also, make sure that your default list is viewable by Everybody (in the CB List backend for the default list this means that the User Group to allow access to: parameter must be set to everybody CHECK

If you have done ALL the above then you shouldn't have problems.

However, I am having the problem listed at the top of the page, I have double and triple checked this issue.

This is the link I am using on the menu:
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList

And the default always to works fine... (They all work fine as the default.)

The problem are the non default / subsequent lists all require the user to login and as I only require members to be registered

Post edited by: nextstep, at: 2007/04/11 05:10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #35482 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Re:default lists display - others don't
I have found a similar situation that may give someone a clue where the problem lies...

From Another Forum

"In Joomla, Itemid is corresponding to menu id."

Well, this is a limitation/inconsistency of Joomla. To display modules correctly, we must add correct Itemid to our requests. We try to get the most suitable Itemid with all our link, to fix an RC2 bug regarding modules display. In your case, the menuId corresponding to the Itemid you chose for your list and for user profile should also be published with public access level, so that the Joomla access level check doesn't disallow displaying the menuid (and the profiles) when not logged-in. This should fix your problem...

In my case...
eg: with Itemid,27 the list is NOT available to the public
/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,usersList/listid,12/Itemid,27/action,search/

eg: without Itemid,27 the list IS available to the public
/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,usersList/listid,12/action,search/

Post edited by: nextstep, at: 2007/04/11 05:08

17 years 1 week ago #35483 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Resolved:default lists display - others don't
The itemid on the mainmemnu in menu manager for my 'Find a Member' search/list link is: 38

However, (as stated below,) the drop down menu links are returning a value of itemid27. (When I substitute Itemid,38 it all works fine - as its supposed to whether logged in or not. :)

RESOLUTION: Itemid,27 is tied to 'My Details'the link that comes 'preinstalled with CB. I had put it on the "Member Menu" and made it only visible to Registered. This item needs to be Public.

In Summary... If you're also having problems getting your additional lists to display, firstly follow the tips below AND ensure your 'MY DETAILS' menu item is also publicly viewable

(With this resolved, is it possible to link to the CB lists through the user created 'Find A Member' menu on the main menu, rather than the CB installed 'My Details'?)

Post edited by: nextstep, at: 2007/04/11 05:16

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn