Redirect users on login

16 years 10 months ago #37551 by jmaster
Redirect users on login was created by jmaster
Hi There

I hope someone can help me. I was wondering how one would go about (and if it is even possible) to create usergroups that one can redirect to a specific menu once they have logged in.

What I mean by this is e.g.

Say I want to create two groups of members, e.g. one for Developers, one for Agents. What I need to be able to do is to redirect the Developers to a menu that would be visible only to them, and same for the Agents.

Is there a way one can set this up in CB?

All help and feedback will be highly appreciated!

Thanks
Joan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #69689 by keith.hatfield
Replied by keith.hatfield on topic Re:Redirect users on login
Don't know if you're still looking for something to do this, but I wrote a Joomla! component and CB Plugin combo that will redirect users on login based on their member group.

You can find the package and documentation at KeithsCode.com .

As for creating additional user groups, you may want to look into JACL Plus for Joomla! to control User Groups and access levels for Joomla!

Let me know if you decide to use the Component!

15 years 7 months ago #69758 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Redirect users on login
Nice work B)

Don't forget to add it to the directory in here (go to a category then click add new item, then choose category and fill-in) and on extensions.joomla.org

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn