New user registration email not populated w/ info

16 years 8 months ago #41756 by shala82
Hello,

For some reason, the new user registration emails that I receive don't have the siteurl, name, emailaddress and username filled in anymore. It was working just fine before. The issue is somewhere in the JomComment component. When I uninstall this, it works fine, but when I have it installed, emails look like the below. Any thoughts?

A new user has registered at [SITEURL].
This email contains their details

Name - [NAME]
e-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]
Username - [USERNAME]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #41955 by raiderray
I am getting the exact same error after installing JomComment. I'd love to know if there is a fix for this.

edit: this also effects the email that's sent to our new users. It now states -
Welcome [NAME],Your application has been approved by our administration team.Your account with the following details:[DETAILS]has been activated.We welcome you to our online community and trust that togetherwe will grow.Enjoy the experience!Kind Regards,Website Administration Team
As you can see, it doesn't insert the user name or details.

Post edited by: raiderray, at: 2007/08/01 19:02

16 years 7 months ago #42093 by albertvn
I also had the same problem. Last time when I only installed CB, everything went well. This time, I installed Jomcomment before installing CB so I got this problem.
I also made a search for this problem in this forum but it seems that no one has the answer to this problem.

It is surprising that CB Teem as well as Jomcomment have no reaction to this. What are they thinking and why don't they reply their users' problem? or they do not know?

16 years 7 months ago #42094 by nant
to albertvn, raiderray, shala82:

please turn on debug settings on your sites - this might indicate more information about the cause of the problem.

it sounds like a namespace conflict.

it might also show up in your server logs - so please investigate and post back progress.

to albertvn - its impossible for any team to replicate all possible user environments and component combinations. i assume that both team rely on community users with such problems to help out with more debuging information - hope you can help out with this.

16 years 7 months ago #42095 by albertvn
Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. At least I know that someone pays attention to us.
I have just debuged my site but I am not good at this so is it possible for me to send the information to you so you can have a look for me? If it is fine for you, how can I send the information?

Thanks again for your kind help!
Albert

16 years 7 months ago #42096 by beat
Site->Global Config->Site->Debug Site ----> YES

then retry the step where the error could occur.

On the screen you might see errors appearing.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn