Portrait Tab - Can it be duplicated and renamed?

16 years 2 months ago #55011 by jlsaloff
I am not sure if this is a difficult question or one that is laughable. What I'd like to have is a second "portrait" on my profiles. What I did on my site was to use the portrait for book covers (since it is an author site), and this is working out really well. I'm using a module to display these on the front based on who's last logged in and the whole thing is great.

The only problem is, I am currently dropping in a second "portrait" a photo of the user, manually, using an editor field. As the site grows, this could become overly burdensome. I'm not letting my users do this because it would allow them access to the media files and because for most of them, it would be too difficult. (Even doing what they are doing can be trying for some of them. So I thought if I had a second "portrait" tab (I'd call it something else) then they could upload their book cover to one and their photo to the other.

At first I thought I could just "copy" the tab like a module, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Did I mention that I have very little php skills, so it would have to be a fairly simple fix, if it is even possible. I would NOT want it to show up anywhere like the "portrait" tab does now. I just am looking for an easy way for users to add this second image in this slot.

You can see what I'm doing here:
www.polkadotbanner.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #70458 by SoloGraphix
Replied by SoloGraphix on topic Re:Portrait Tab - Can it be duplicated and renamed
Anyone ever find a solution to this? I am seeking the same.

15 years 8 months ago #70459 by beat
CB 1.2 introduces lots of flexibility for core fields, including portrait.

But you can't duplicate that portrait/avatar field (yet).

This is planed for CB 1.3.

Or you can write a plugin of course...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn