Help with Pay-It-Forward Music site

15 years 7 months ago #70039 by aaron@aaronaustin.com
Help with Pay-It-Forward Music site was created by aaron@aaronaustin.com
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but I am a CB noob. I'm working on a website for my band. I'd like to offer cds for "free" that have been payed forward by other kind folks. I'm looking for a component or module to help out. I'd like to have a module on the site that keeps track of donations and shows how many "free" cds are available. A person could check out and get a free cd after registering in community builder and pay nothing. In the confirmation email, the person would receive a note that had been left by the individual who payed the cd forward, including the individual's username. Another email would be automatically issued a few weeks later asking how they enjoyed the cd and inviting them to also pay it forward (a suggested price would be listed, but the donation could be of any amount). Then, patrons could find each other in the site comments and messageboard. I hope I explained that well enough. I've got comments working as well as fireboard and the new community builder release on Joomla 1.5.4 in Legacy mode. If anybody has any suggestions on some components that might work for this that would integrate with CB I would really appreciate it. I'm not a coder, so I need to find something I don't have to hack if that's possible. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #70181 by uramate
Replied by uramate on topic Re:Help with Pay-It-Forward Music site
that seems like quite a bit of work!

i think its best if you go to www.joomlancers.com and post an entry there! see what offers you get back! worth a shot?? Good luck with the site and the band!

15 years 7 months ago #70253 by aaron@aaronaustin.com
Replied by aaron@aaronaustin.com on topic Re:Help with Pay-It-Forward Music site
thanks, I'll check it out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn