CBSubs 2.02 to 3.00 GPL Upgrade Guide?

11 years 2 months ago #219037 by learnrawfood
CBSubs 2.02 to 3.00 GPL Upgrade Guide? was created by learnrawfood
Was just wondering if there's an upgrade/migration guide somewhere to assist us in this process.

I saw this on the update prompt on our site: "new GPL open-source license is a highly recommended, easy to install upgrade."

And when we signed up for the upgrade membership, I thought there might be a decent upgrade package to download..

Am I to consult the relatively vague instructions on the user guide that came with the CbSubs GPL package? Anything more comprehensive?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219072 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs 2.02 to 3.00 GPL Upgrade Guide?
Install 3.0.0, navigate to CBSubs > Settings, Save, done. :)

Note: You do not have to uninstall any previous version. Just install over top of your existing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #219078 by nant

learnrawfood wrote:
Am I to consult the relatively vague instructions on the user guide that came with the CbSubs GPL package? Anything more comprehensive?

Thanks.

From chapter 4 of the CBSubs GPL 3.0 guide:

Method A (can be used on Joomla 3.0.x, 2.5.x, or 1.5.x websites)

1. First place your website in offline mode and take a backup.
  2. While your website is in offline mode, just install any CBSubsTM GPL
    elements you have on your website. These will just install over existing packages without losing any parameters. Make sure to use CB Plugin Manager installer when installing CB Plugins and Joomla installer when installing the bot_subs_300.zip and mod_subs_300.zip packages. If you have made any modifications to your default CBSubsTM GPL language files you need to reapply them to the new language file plugin contained in the CBSubsTM GPL 3.0 distribution package. For proper method to customize your CBSubsTM GPL strings see Chapter 16.1.
  3. Run all CB Tools and visit all backend areas of CBSubsTM GPL to verify that everything looks normal
  4. Bring your website back online.

Doesn't read vague to me ... please let me know what is confusing and we will improve.

11 years 2 months ago #219101 by learnrawfood
Replied by learnrawfood on topic Re: CBSubs 2.02 to 3.00 GPL Upgrade Guide?
Will this upgrade method eradicate all of the language file changes I've made unless I backup/restore?

11 years 2 months ago #219105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs 2.02 to 3.00 GPL Upgrade Guide?
If you install the included CBSubs language plugin, yes; otherwise, no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219174 by learnrawfood
Replied by learnrawfood on topic Re: CBSubs 2.02 to 3.00 GPL Upgrade Guide?

krileon wrote: If you install the included CBSubs language plugin, yes; otherwise, no.

Thanks, one last question..

I'm using the 'CB Paid Subscriptions - en-GB' language/plugin file. Is the new one the same file using the same strings - meaning - can I still use this old one with my current modifications?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn