Bug on CBSubs Folder Access Plugin

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #219469 by fdesanto
Bug on CBSubs Folder Access Plugin was created by fdesanto
if the user change password the plugin not update the .htpasswd file

I found this solution:
in the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsubsfolderaccess/cbsubs.folderaccess.php

Comment the line 190
//$user->cb_folderaccess							=	$this->password;

replace the line 225 with
$newContents	=	str_replace( $usr[$i], $user->username . ':' . $this->password, $content_file );

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219495 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug on CBSubs Folder Access Plugin
The user object field value needs to be updated, commenting out 190 breaks this and results in out of date broken passwords on resync (when needed); I do not recommend this change. See the if check comparing the field value to the password.

Line 225 accounts for spacing and is multi-platform (windows and linux), using str_replace you'll end up with whitespace and user won't be able to login. Your change will also cause partial matches. For example bob:123 will match for abob:12345 breaking "abob" login.

It's already designed to update the password on profile update. Don't see how these changes would fix this if it was broken. Please clarify your proposal and as to what the exact issue is so can be investigated and fixed if issue is found. Please provide your server OS as well as will help determining what usage is failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219540 by fdesanto
Replied by fdesanto on topic Bug on CBSubs Folder Access Plugin
ok, these changes are not good!

The problem is:
when a user update the password, the. htpasswd file is not updated!
To access the protected folder you have to use the old password.

I use Debian 6, with virtualmin. PHP 5.3.3

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn