Renewing expired membership only renewed for remainder of 2017

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #299973 by derekkoopowitz
Latest CBSubs installed (the one made available about 3 days ago):

I had a situation yesterday when a former member (expired at the end of 2016) renewed his membership (our memberships run a calendar year) and was only renewed until the end of 2017 instead of the end of 2018. The settings for the plan for "bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions" is set to 3 months, which means that if an expired subscription is reactivated during the last 3 months of 2017, they should be renewed until the end of 2018.

Since this didn't happen I had to manually modify his subscription to the end of 2018.

Am I missing something with this setting?

-Derek

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #300006 by krileon
Shouldn't need to set anything beyond that. Is this the only user this happened to? Are others renewing fine? What is "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" set to under the Pricing tab of your plan?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300008 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote: Shouldn't need to set anything beyond that. Is this the only user this happened to? Are others renewing fine? What is "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" set to under the Pricing tab of your plan?

This is set to "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)". As far as I know this is the only person this has happened to...

6 years 3 months ago #300012 by krileon
With that setting if they renew after expiring it won't renew at their point of purchase, but from when they last expired. Is that intentional? If not recommend setting it to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens first (allow overlap but no free gap)" and see if there's any further reports of your issue. Not sure why the bonus time didn't apply though. Did you alter the plans duration after users have subscribed?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300015 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote: With that setting if they renew after expiring it won't renew at their point of purchase, but from when they last expired. Is that intentional? If not recommend setting it to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens first (allow overlap but no free gap)" and see if there's any further reports of your issue. Not sure why the bonus time didn't apply though. Did you alter the plans duration after users have subscribed?

I did not alter the plan after users subscribed... it has had those settings since the beginning. Most users renew right away but obviously, based on the wording of that setting, the user only got renewed until the end of the this year. However, I do think the "Bonus time when reactivating..." should take precedence over this setting, don't you think?

I'll change the setting to what you suggested and that should do the trick. It may be a good idea to double check the logic flow though just in case I discovered a "feature"...

You can close this, Kyle.

Thanks!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 3 months ago #300036 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote: With that setting if they renew after expiring it won't renew at their point of purchase, but from when they last expired. Is that intentional? If not recommend setting it to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens first (allow overlap but no free gap)" and see if there's any further reports of your issue. Not sure why the bonus time didn't apply though. Did you alter the plans duration after users have subscribed?

Kyle,

I changed this setting to the option you suggested and now I've had two renewals come through that only renewed until the end of this year instead of 2018. Something is not right so we'll have to keep this "unsolved" for now.

-Derek

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn