Renewing expired membership only renewed for remainder of 2017

6 years 4 months ago #300074 by krileon
Not sure what to suggest. That's entirely dependent on the "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" parameter if Active and "Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions" if Expired. Are both set accordingly? For example set both to 3 months and if they renew in the last 3 months whether already active or expired it should subscribe them for next year in addition to the remaining months of the current year (within 3 months). Please also be absolutely sure everything is up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300082 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote: Not sure what to suggest. That's entirely dependent on the "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" parameter if Active and "Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions" if Expired. Are both set accordingly? For example set both to 3 months and if they renew in the last 3 months whether already active or expired it should subscribe them for next year in addition to the remaining months of the current year (within 3 months). Please also be absolutely sure everything is up to date.

CBSubs is the latest build - I keep the website current on everything.

I've attached the plan settings. Everything works great with these settings if the membership is active (or a brand new membership is created) and the member renews in the last 3 months. It doesn't work for a member that did not renew for 2017 but "renews/rejoins" for 2018 in the last 3 months of the year - it just extends a membership until the end of 2017. When I changed the "manual renewal extends..." setting to "renewal starts at expiration date or payment date - whichever happens first", then current members that renew are given an expiration date of 12/31/2017 instead of 2018. Something is amiss...

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #300084 by krileon

It doesn't work for a member that did not renew for 2017 but "renews/rejoins" for 2018 in the last 3 months of the year - it just extends a membership until the end of 2017.

Ok, that would be the "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" parameter. You need to allow a free gap. Set it to "Renewal starts at payment date (allows overlap or free gap)" and should resolve your issue. Sorry, my previous reply regarding that parameter I gave you the wrong value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300087 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote:

It doesn't work for a member that did not renew for 2017 but "renews/rejoins" for 2018 in the last 3 months of the year - it just extends a membership until the end of 2017.

Ok, that would be the "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" parameter. You need to allow a free gap. Set it to "Renewal starts at payment date (allows overlap or free gap)" and should resolve your issue. Sorry, my previous reply regarding that parameter I gave you the wrong value.

So hopefully this will not affect current members renewing? We'll find out soon enough - we're in our renewal season now so we get renewals every day.

6 years 4 months ago #300090 by krileon

So hopefully this will not affect current members renewing? We'll find out soon enough - we're in our renewal season now so we get renewals every day.

That parameter can be freely adjusted. The main parameters you don't want to adjust after recurring subscriptions already exist (single payments feel free to change whatever you like) are price (initial and regular), duration (initial and regular), and occurrences.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 4 months ago #300167 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote:

That parameter can be freely adjusted. The main parameters you don't want to adjust after recurring subscriptions already exist (single payments feel free to change whatever you like) are price (initial and regular), duration (initial and regular), and occurrences.

Hey Kyle,

Bad news... modifying the "manual renewal extends..." option to "Renewal starts at Payment Date (allows overlap or free gap" did not work. Expiration dates are still showing up as 12/31/2017 instead of 2018. I've gone back to the original setting of "renewal extends expiration date" until we can get to the bottom of this. To me, what I originally had makes sense and has worked except for someone expiring at the end of 2016 and not renewing for 2017, but then deciding they want to renew for 2018 now by "renewing/joining" during the last 3 months of 2017.

I really think it is a code logic issue and the key parameters to me are:

1. Membership can be reactivated at any time
2. Renewal extends the expiration date
3. Bonus time before first period starts - new members joining in the last 3 months of the year.
4. in the last 3 months of a year, a renewal automatically sets the expiration at the end of the following year.

In the case of #4, I think what is happening is that the logic is extending the 2016 date to the end of 2017 (which it does) but then it should take into account #3, which should then extend the expiration date to the end of the following year. I think it fails #2 because it thinks this is a new membership and not a renewal since they never renewed for 2017 originally.

Regards,
-Derek

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn