CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology

5 years 4 months ago #308994 by buzibuzi
Hi,
im trying to understand the auto-recurring payment methodology.
in particular how does this interface with the gateway (CCBILL in this case) work to make the periodic payments.

does CB Paid Subscriptions send a "behind the scenes" payment request at the end of the subscription period ?
or is the gateway (i.e CCBILL) responsible for keeping track and generating the billing for this ?

my 3rd party gateway works this way:
Upon first payment and request for recurring payment, my gateway sends back a payment Token (instead of credit card #) to be stored and used to generate future payments. and the site initializing periodic recurring payments according to the plan.(i.e 12 month subscription)
does this correspond to the Paid Subscriptions methodology ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309010 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
Normally the way it works is getSubscriptionRequstParams sets the necessary form variables which get submit to the hosted payment page. The payment provider then establishes the recurring profile. When a recurring payment is needed the payment provider will charge the on-file payment method they used and send an IPN to CBSubs to let CBSubs know a payment was made, which is then processed to renew their subscription in handleNotification followed by _returnParamsHandler.

CCBill gateway has an extra feature though to not need IPNs and utilize its Datalink API. This schedules the renewals at CBSubs it self, which are processed by processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment.

The usage of payment tokens sounds more like Stripe though and not a hosted payment solution. So you may want to take a look at Stripe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309045 by buzibuzi
Replied by buzibuzi on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
Thank you
does Strip also have the two methods like CCBILL - Normal one time payment and recurring ?

5 years 4 months ago #309055 by krileon
Yes, Stripe supports single payments and recurring payments. Not all the payment methods offered by Stripe support recurring payments though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309067 by buzibuzi
Replied by buzibuzi on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
Hi Krelion, thanks
im testing Stripe
it seems Stripe (unlike CCBILL) doesn't redirect to the Gateway server after clicking the pay button.
Stripe keeps the visitor in the site and the payment is done inline by filling out credit card details.
how can i get Stripe to redirect to gateway so visitor pays on the server and not on my site ?
is this possible ?
thanks
Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309084 by krileon
Correct, Stripe is for on-site payments. We do not have a tokenized hosted payment page solution. Hosted payment pages typically handle the entire payment process and simply notify CBSubs of a new payment using an IPN or CBSubs does a check with the gateway to see if the renewal was paid.

I guess the closest to that is the DataLink usage in CCBill. You're not going to find a copy-paste solution for implementing whatever gateway you're wanting. They are all different. You will have to study whatever closely fits your needs, or several in fact, then begin implementing from there. Gateway development is not an easy task.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn