CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology

5 years 4 months ago #309338 by buzibuzi
Replied by buzibuzi on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
"Sorry, still don't understand. All the information you need to trigger a payment is already available in the provided functions. You don't send subscription id to a payment processor as the payment processor isn't paying a subscription it's paying a basket. The only ID relevant to a processor is the basket id. Your token should be stored as part of the basket or using cbpaidConfig class if it's reusable (see Stripe for usage of cbpaidConfig)."

i'll use the basket id, so all is good. i didnt realize this was the identifier generated before the payment is taking place.

"When it's scheduled should be entirely based off the duration set within the plan. Don't think CCBill allows for 5 minute duration so the gateway maybe forcing it to no less than 1 day duration. Based off your previous reply though it went into retry state. This causes it to retry the next day if the payment failed. It'll do that I think 5 times before giving up."

got it.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #311502 by buzibuzi
Replied by buzibuzi on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
Hi
i set up the "automatic renew payment" plan with a Regular Validity duration of 24 hours (for testing purposes.)
i process the first payment successfuly, but after 24 hours all is silent....the subscription expires and is not renewed.
no indication of a basket to be payed, nothing in the history....nothing sent to the gateway
where should i start looking for the problem ?
thanks

5 years 3 weeks ago #311515 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
Whatever gateway you're using you need to use their recurring API to ensure you're creating a subscription. Typically when it's time for renewal they send an IPN for you to act on to renew the subscription. If they don't send IPNs for renewals you have to use the scheduler in CBSubs to schedule for CBSubs to make an API call to trigger the renewal. For CCBill the recurring payments are scheduled with scheduleAutoRecurringPayments and paid in processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment. In addition to this you need to setup CRON to trigger the scheduler regularly; the URL for this is in CBSubs > Settings > Global under "Automation settings".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311527 by buzibuzi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn