CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology

5 years 4 months ago #309154 by buzibuzi
Replied by buzibuzi on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology
Thank you
I have CCBILL single payment up and working with my gateway.
Do you suggest adding to that the Stripe recurring mechanism ? (would be so kind as to point me to the methods that handle that ?)
How does the CCBILL DataLink work ?
im just trying to understand where the periodic recurring calls come from and where i can manage them. that way i can connect them to the user-token data i will setup in the DB. (so i can map the shortest and easiest path to the solution)
yes i now realize this will require some extra development. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309155 by buzibuzi
Also, where does this action take place ?
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=autopayments&key=

what file should i be looking at ?

Also, what DB table/field does this check ? the date of subscription ?
i would like follow the chain of events and to create an occurrence.

thank you

5 years 4 months ago #309169 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology

Do you suggest adding to that the Stripe recurring mechanism ? (would be so kind as to point me to the methods that handle that ?)

Stripe keeps track of customer objects, etc.. using cbpaidConfig class. Review the usage in CBSubs Stripe if you want to utilize it as well.

How does the CCBILL DataLink work ?

Payment is created at CCBill. CBSubs keeps track of the CCBill specific ID by attaching it to the basket. CBSubs then setups up the scheduler for recurring payments and triggers a payment on that ID when it's time to renew. Vast majority of this is done in processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment.

Also, where does this action take place ?
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=autopayments&key=

what file should i be looking at ?

Also, what DB table/field does this check ? the date of subscription ?
i would like follow the chain of events and to create an occurrence.

That's a CRON endpoint, which will execute processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment for hosted payment gateways.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309181 by buzibuzi
Hi Krelion, thank a lot for this valuable info, im beginning to see the picture,
just to clarify a few more points on this:

when you say
"CBSubs then setups up the scheduler for recurring payments and triggers a payment on that ID when it's time to renew" -
where does "setups up the scheduler" happen and how ? - this must be in the DB somewhere ? what table should i be looking at ?
i would like to simulate a setup of a scheduler as such so i can initialize the process and debug it.

"That's a CRON endpoint, which will execute processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment for hosted payment gateways." - yes, i realize that.
what process does it trigger first before "processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment" ?
there must be some indicator(date ?) in the DB it is testing to see if its time to run the due payment in the hosted gateway.
if i can piggyback this process i can send a payment token to my own payment gateway.

i tried to run this cron address in the browser and log the initiation of "processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment" in CCBILL, but nothing happens,
im guessing because it has no payment in the DB to process , is this correct ?

Thank you

5 years 4 months ago #309202 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CCBILL auto-recurring payment methodology

when you say
"CBSubs then setups up the scheduler for recurring payments and triggers a payment on that ID when it's time to renew" -
where does "setups up the scheduler" happen and how ? - this must be in the DB somewhere ? what table should i be looking at ?
i would like to simulate a setup of a scheduler as such so i can initialize the process and debug it.

Enabling the scheduler is done at time of payment in _returnParamsHandler by calling scheduleAutoRecurringPayments.

"That's a CRON endpoint, which will execute processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment for hosted payment gateways." - yes, i realize that.
what process does it trigger first before "processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment" ?
there must be some indicator(date ?) in the DB it is testing to see if its time to run the due payment in the hosted gateway.
if i can piggyback this process i can send a payment token to my own payment gateway.

It checks if there are any baskets with payments scheduled. If there are it loads the basket and runs its associated processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment function. That's basically all there is to it. Triggering of payment is entirely on the gateway and its processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment function usage.

i tried to run this cron address in the browser and log the initiation of "processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment" in CCBILL, but nothing happens,
im guessing because it has no payment in the DB to process , is this correct ?

Because you've no recurring payments scheduled to renew at the time of it being ran. Be sure you're using an IDE like PhpStorm. All of these functions have associated phpdoc and should trail you through their execution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309217 by buzibuzi
Hi Krileon,
you write:

"It checks if there are any baskets with payments scheduled. If there are it loads the basket and runs its associated processScheduledAutoRecurringPayment function."

where are these baskets with payments scheduled stored ? do you mean these are stored on the CCBILL gateway ? or on the CB DB ?

im trying to setup such a stored basket so i can call it with the cronjob.

Im using PHPStrom to trail the function execution. thanks for the tip.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn