Change Validity language/text

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309095 by wjgadmin
Change Validity language/text was created by wjgadmin
On the CBSubs invoices it will display the Validity and any recurring invoice will display something like this:

2018-12-06 - 2019-01-06, then 2019-01-06 - 2019-02-06

How can we remove the then portion and only show the initial validity period? It appears a bit confusing to users and I'd like the invoice to only reflect the period in which has already been paid, not what hasn't (recurring).
Thank you

UPDATE: can you please also let me know if it is possible to display the user's invoice(s) in it's own tab? For example; create a tab "Purchase History" and display their invoices on that tab? Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309120 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change Validity language/text
Believe the only way to change that is to use language strings and language override functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

That maybe the language string "%s, then %s", but it's generic so it may impact other locations if you remove the ", then %s".

UPDATE: can you please also let me know if it is possible to display the user's invoice(s) in it's own tab? For example; create a tab "Purchase History" and display their invoices on that tab? Thanks

There should already be a link at the bottom of the Subscriptions tab to view their invoices. If you don't see the link there ensure it's enabled in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices. You can also create a Joomla menu item to them using Community Builder > Plugin menutype and selecting CB Paid Subscriptions for the Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309130 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Change Validity language/text

krileon wrote: Believe the only way to change that is to use language strings and language override functionality shown below.

That maybe the language string "%s, then %s", but it's generic so it may impact other locations if you remove the ", then %s".

Yes this is what I was worried about. I don't want to change the %s because it needs to display on the payments page and explain to the user for recurring payments that there is a "then" payment. However it isn't as logical to show a "then" validity time because it is misleading, meaning they may think they also get that time period as well even if it isn't "Paid" as of yet.
So if that is not possible, could I at least add in something to be displayed with it on the invoice such as: 2018-12-06 - 2019-01-06, then After Recurring Payment Completed: 2019-01-06 - 2019-02-06

UPDATE: I've located these (attached image) in the language file, however I have no idea what all would be affected if I were to change any one of these. I would love to be able to just remove the then portion from the validity period, otherwise make some alteration to it, but shouldn't affect other areas because they are necessary :( Hope we can figure a way :)

krileon wrote: There should already be a link at the bottom of the Subscriptions tab to view their invoices. If you don't see the link there ensure it's enabled in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices. You can also create a Joomla menu item to them using Community Builder > Plugin menutype and selecting CB Paid Subscriptions for the Plugin.

Yes I have the link near the bottom and have even edited it in the language file. I was hoping to make it look a bit nicer and have the information be stored in its own tab. For example when you click the link to the invoices you see the list in a table, I would like to display that table in a tab on the user profile, so when they click the tab they'll see the table. Any way to achieve that? Thank you!
Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #309139 by krileon

However it isn't as logical to show a "then" validity time because it is misleading,

Don't understand how it's misleading. It should only display if using a by calendar duration and free time is begin given before the calendar duration would start or if you've configuration an initial duration. There is no language string or specific parameter to control this output so you likely will not be able to remove this.

Yes I have the link near the bottom and have even edited it in the language file. I was hoping to make it look a bit nicer and have the information be stored in its own tab. For example when you click the link to the invoices you see the list in a table, I would like to display that table in a tab on the user profile, so when they click the tab they'll see the table. Any way to achieve that? Thank you!

I suppose you could use a Custom HTML field with an iframe to the invoice page, but beyond that there's no way to display it as a tab as it has no tab output usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309142 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Change Validity language/text

krileon wrote: Don't understand how it's misleading.

Because it makes the user think they have another period and yet they haven't paid for it yet. A validity period should only be displayed for what has been paid for, anything other is misleading because it isn't valid (hasn't been paid for yet).

krileon wrote: It should only display if using a by calendar duration and free time is begin given before the calendar duration would start or if you've configuration an initial duration.

While this makes sense, it causes issues. If I am understanding you correctly, it is displaying because the is a "Grace period before real expiration". Is that correct? If so we cannot change it to anything less because that has issues with IPN's being received from the merchant (currently set to 12 hours). Sometimes the user's subscription would be cancelled because the IPN wasn't sent for a few hours from the merchant and CBSubs would unsubscribe them. That was a problem because then the user has to resubscribe & messed up many things.
So it seems to be a bit of a contradiction, meaning we can't have a grace period after expiration, but we have to have one for IPN's...
Is there any other way to resolve this?

I suppose you could use a Custom HTML field with an iframe to the invoice page, but beyond that there's no way to display it as a tab as it has no tab output usage.

Thank you, I was hoping not to use this method but it was worth asking :)

5 years 4 months ago #309143 by krileon
It's not due to the grace period. Are you using an Initial and Regular duration on your plan? If not is your duration a By Calendar duration? If it's a By Calendar duration do you have "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" configured?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn