yearly plans - what to do

5 years 3 months ago #309103 by spletcher
yearly plans - what to do was created by spletcher
We have had a yearly membership using the CB Subs plans. We labeled them as 2017 membership, then 2018 membership and started a new plan since the way we read CB Subs, it appeared that we should create a new plan rather than change the current plan. Obviously we have users paying at different times during the year.

We also had changed the membership fees and made a more complex membership structure with a few plans for each year.

Here is the issue we have noted:
1. Our 2017 plan has been unpublished for over a year and yet still we have members able to "renew" their 2017 membership at the prior rate, despite that we are trying to get them to move to the 2018 or 2019 membership. How do we disable the 2017 membership such that this is not even possible?

2. In addition, despite being unpublished, the expiration notice for the 2017 plan (with old rates) with old officers of our society is being sent out. We didn't want this to happen and the only way I could fix it was to go back into the unpublished old plan and to put our new information.

Please clarify the best way to setup yearly membership plans. This is especially important now as we are launching our 2019 membership plans.

We are good with just changing our 2018 plan name to 2019, however, we do have some folks who wish to pay for their 2018 membership and then pay for 2019 as well (remember this is a nonprofit and folks are helping out rather than receiving a service). However we are likely going to move to a model where the plan will expire one year after it is purchased rather than to expire at year end for all users despite when they purchased it during the year.

Appreciate your help on if we have some setting wrong.

Thanks,

Stan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic yearly plans - what to do
If the plan has a yearly duration and isn't auto recurring you can safely change the price. Changing the price is only an issue if you allow auto recurring payments. You may also benefit from using a By Calendar Year duration instead of 1 Year static duration so it's always for the current year no matter when their subscription starts.

1. Our 2017 plan has been unpublished for over a year and yet still we have members able to "renew" their 2017 membership at the prior rate, despite that we are trying to get them to move to the 2018 or 2019 membership. How do we disable the 2017 membership such that this is not even possible?

If it's unpublished it shouldn't be possible to renew it. Typically you keep the old plan published, but disable renewals and new registrations so existing subscribers still have access.

2. In addition, despite being unpublished, the expiration notice for the 2017 plan (with old rates) with old officers of our society is being sent out. We didn't want this to happen and the only way I could fix it was to go back into the unpublished old plan and to put our new information.

Do you mean the emails under the Presentation tab? Those shouldn't send unless deliberately triggered. If you mean mailers configured in CBSubs Mailer then I suggest making those more plan specific and unpublish them when the time comes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309131 by spletcher
Replied by spletcher on topic yearly plans - what to do
yes - we indeed had a member renew an old plan this week that has been unpublished for over a year. We were a bit surprised.

How do keep an old plan published but disable renewals or new subscriptions to it? Perhaps that is where I'm missing it.

Thanks,

Stan

5 years 3 months ago #309137 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic yearly plans - what to do

How do keep an old plan published but disable renewals or new subscriptions to it? Perhaps that is where I'm missing it.

Edit the plan and under the Pricing tab set "Renewable in advance by" to "Non-renewable". This should block renewals. Still strange and unpublished plan allowed renewal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn