Stripe Fraud IPN history

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309215 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Fraud IPN history

krileon wrote: That would be the problem then. Let Stripe cancel it and it will tell CBSubs. They can then renew at CBSubs. As I've said in several of these requests once CBSubs has the API to facilitate updating cards on file CBSubs Stripe will have the functionality to do so as well. Until then leave it be and let it cancel. Do not touch subscriptions established by CBSubs; it's an automated and delicate relationship with the gateway.

So there is 0 ways to update the user's credit card on our end? Letting them cancel and resubscribe makes sense but is not user friendly :(
The reason I updated their card as such is because that is how I was instructed to do it previously. But to confirm, you're now saying that I never can update even their billing source through Stripe? Sorry I just need to be sure :)

krileon wrote: They should not end up with 2 subscriptions as long as Stripe is configured as instructed

If you manually updated the payment source though it may have renewed the subscription (it shouldn't have renewed a cancelled subscription at Stripe), but CBSubs has already expired and cancelled. Will have to retest such a scenario to see what kind of IPN Stripe is sending in this case (they have a frustrating absurd amount if IPN types with several basically doing the same thing) as CBSubs already handles subscription and invoice payments which in theory should renew it at CBSubs unless Stripe is sending some other IPN type not accounted for in this specific scenario.

In the case it was not manually updated, their subscription expired and then they renewed because their initial payment failed because they weren't able to update their billing card on file. So they then renewed and it restarts their expired subscription & also starts a new one.

krileon wrote: 2018-02-06 should be fine as there was no breaking changes there. No CBSubs won't force usage of newer API once supported; you'll have to manually change that in your gateways settings as I've been maintaining B/C for previous versions via that version dropdown

Sorry what I meant was, if I make the change in the CBSubs/Gateways/Stripe/version drop down..... will it automatically start showing that API as being used in the Stripe dashboard?

krileon wrote: I won't have time to dig into this deeper until I've completed the Privacy Suite integration changes for core CB. So likely won't be this month.

I understand you are very busy and I appreciate your time and efforts! Happy to help if I can :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Fraud IPN history

So there is 0 ways to update the user's credit card on our end?

You can edit them at Stripe, but you run the risk of it potentially breaking things. I don't know what IPNs Stripe sends off when you modify the payment source at Stripe so I'm unsure if it could negatively impact them at CBSubs. In theory it shouldn't, but again I don't know as that scenario was not tested.

Letting them cancel and resubscribe makes sense but is not user friendly

I understand that, but in my experience the expiration on a card is several years from issue date. It shouldn't be a common task.

In the case it was not manually updated, their subscription expired and then they renewed because their initial payment failed because they weren't able to update their billing card on file. So they then renewed and it restarts their expired subscription & also starts a new one.

That'd be the bigger issue then. It shouldn't have restarted their expired subscription. I'm not sure why Stripe would do that unless it was configured to retry payments and it retried once the new subscription updated their payment source. I've also implemented handling already for CBSubs to cancel the subscription at Stripe if it receives a payment failed notification so I'm stumped how this could happen unless CBSubs Stripe wasn't up to date at the time of all this happening.

Sorry what I meant was, if I make the change in the CBSubs/Gateways/Stripe/version drop down..... will it automatically start showing that API as being used in the Stripe dashboard?

Changing the dropdown value in CBSubs just changes what API we use to interface with Stripe. It will not update what API you're using at Stripe; you'll have to do that from the Developers page once we add compatibility for their latest API changes.

I've started an internal branch to get the Stripe API usage updated and see if I can somehow resolve the double subscription issue from our end of things. I've also added a note regarding all of this so I can focus on getting all of this fixed once our Privacy Suite integration stuff is all done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309293 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Fraud IPN history
Thank you so much! If possible, could you update this thread?
Again, thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn