[#7495] triple charge - no record of subscription

5 years 1 month ago #311214 by kurtboeker
Replied by kurtboeker on topic triple charge - no record of subscription
I am having the same issue but the user is double charged. There are 2 payment baskets, LESS than 2 minutes apart for each user who has been double charged. It does not happen all the time. About every 20 transactions over the past week. We have all the latest software to date.

I do not see any setting for turning on or off the duplicate transaction window in Authorize.net either.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311329 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic triple charge - no record of subscription
We're now having more and more incidents where the user begins a subscription, the subscription is charged with Authorize.net, but the basket either is not there or we have a payment basket in the history/log area, but nothing in the subscriptions area.

We've done nothing to change anything on the system, other than to update to J3.9.4 and update CB (and CB extensions).

Not sure what else might be causing this as the system has worked as it should for well over a year.

5 years 1 month ago #311331 by beat
Issue is with 99.9% probability due to recent changes at authorize.net side and actual bugs on their side.

We do tests with their staging server, and see new problems there, that others are also reporting in authorize.net community forums.

We see that AIM and ARB requests are sometimes taking several minutes to complete. This is way too long, so probably your server PHP script time (usually 30 seconds) times out and CBSubs can't treat the Authorize.net reply, resulting in a charged card and no corresponding records in CBSubs.

Please contact authorize.net to complain. and urgently consider a backup payment provider, or changing to a much better payment solution provider. Currently we do not recommend Authorize.net (actuallly if this can't be solved we will have no choice than to pull our support of authorize.net!). Our current recommendation is Stripe or Paypal, who have way more stable and working APIs. Sorry about that inconvenience that is beyond our control.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 1 month ago #311333 by cpaschen
FYI ... we've contacted Authorize.net and the duplicate protections are always enabled (unless you set the x_duplicate_window setting to zero).
So either CBSubs is sending a zero in that field or Authorize.net is having problems with it's duplicate handling with the original issue posted here (triple billing) because all the visible data in the Authorize.net record is identical across all 3 charges.

Can you confirm that CBSubs is NOT sending "0" for x_duplicate_window - just so that I can go back to Authorize.net with that info?

5 years 1 month ago #311334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic triple charge - no record of subscription

or Authorize.net is having problems with it's duplicate handling with the original issue posted here (triple billing) because all the visible data in the Authorize.net record is identical across all 3 charges.

The changes happening at Authorize.net are likely the culprit. There is no reason for a implementation that has been stable for 8 years to suddenly be doing this beyond a change at Authorize.net.

Can you confirm that CBSubs is NOT sending "0" for x_duplicate_window - just so that I can go back to Authorize.net with that info?

We are not sending 0, we are sending 28800 which is the 8 hour maximum imposed by Authorize.net.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311338 by cpaschen
Thanks for that info about Authorize.net. I was not aware of the issues (as all my other sites all use Stripe already).
Guess it's time to migrate this last client over to Stripe.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn