Apply subscription price increase

5 years 1 month ago #311247 by autobahn
Apply subscription price increase was created by autobahn
We plan to increase our annual subscription fee in a few months' time, say 1st July. We want all subscriptions that expire on or before that date to be renewed at the old rate, and all subscriptions that expire on or after that date to be renewed at the new rate. All new subscriptions will be at the new rate.

It is straightforward to create another plan for new subscriptions at the new rate and to block any new subscriptions at the old rate.

I had intended to add a static condition to the old Plan so that only subscriptions with an expiry date before 1st July could renew at the old rate. However, I can't see a way to specify a comparison between the Expiry Date and an actual date (i.e. a constant such as 01/07/2109).

I would appreciate some guidance please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Apply subscription price increase
It's not possible to condition renewals. You can only condition new subscriptions and upgrades. Recommend manually turning renewals off when it's time for the plan to no longer allow for renewals.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311276 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Apply subscription price increase
That's very helpful, thank you.

Am I right in thinking that if I physically change the plan price at midnight on 30th June the price increase will apply to every subsequent renewal as well as new registrations? That would solve my problem (I just didn't want to have to do it that way!)

5 years 1 month ago #311277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Apply subscription price increase

Am I right in thinking that if I physically change the plan price at midnight on 30th June the price increase will apply to every subsequent renewal as well as new registrations? That would solve my problem (I just didn't want to have to do it that way!)

If you don't have recurring payments you don't need a new plan or anything and can just freely change the price. If you're using recurring payments then changing the price will have no impact on existing subscriptions and may cause renewals to fail when it does price comparison check, but new subscriptions would of course use the new price.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autobahn

5 years 4 weeks ago #311298 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Apply subscription price increase
Many thanks for the clarification. I will plan accordingly :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn