Quickpay Recurring

5 years 1 month ago #311282 by rbuelund
Quickpay Recurring was created by rbuelund
Does the Quickpay integration support recurring payments ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311317 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Quickpay Recurring
No, there are no plans to implement recurring for Quickpay at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311326 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Quickpay Recurring
Any special reason for that ? I believe it could gain new customers as a lot of clubs here in Denmark could use it for paying the yearly fee. Eg golfclubs, football clubs, kayak clubs etc.

5 years 1 month ago #311327 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Quickpay Recurring
Payment gateways take an excessive amount of time to develop and require constant maintenance to ensure compatibility with any changes the gateway may make to its API. In short it's a significant amount of work. If we can't guarantee a steady amount of sales from that payment gateway it's not beneficial for us to exhaust a massive amount of time on it. There's hundreds of payment gateways available and if we try to support them all that's essentially all we'll ever be doing due to the time involved.

Implementation of recurring payments is especially time consuming; especially when most gateways have minimum time frames of several days so it takes days between tests, which causes recurring implementations to easily take a month or more just for initial implementation. All of which takes easily a dozen or more CBSubs sales to recoup those costs all the while nothing else is receiving development time.

Reviewing QuickPay Subscription API they don't appear to even handle the recurring aspect of it. This means the built in scheduler in CBSubs would have to be used to trigger a recurring payment, which would rely on your to do manually or using CRON to ensure the scheduler runs regularly. This makes it even more difficult to develop and test as typically CBSubs would just wait for a notification from the gateway to say a renewal was done, process that notification, and done.

My recommended payment gateway is Stripe. We support all of their payment methods. We also support single and recurring (for all payment methods that accept recurring) as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311328 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Quickpay Recurring
Thank you for your amswer.
Unfortunately I need a gateway that accepts the Danish MobilePay solution (Which Quickpay does) - I will have to use something else than CBsubs then.

5 years 1 month ago #311330 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Quickpay Recurring
It maybe be worth contacting Stripe and ask. They are expanding their payment methods heavily currently.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds