Saving CB User After Changing Subscription Times Out

5 years 18 minutes ago #311512 by danpoole
Hi, I am trying to track down a problem I'm not sure if it's in Community Builder or CB subs. when I save a user in Community Builder at it's best it can take up to 40 seconds to save, at its worst it will time out and give a 404 error.

This is what I tested so far, I am using Auto actions to add users to user groups, I have tested all the auto actions turned off and turned on sometimes it made a difference and sometimes it didn't.

When I unsubscribe and subscribe users in Community Builder admin through the CB subs section it times out every time. I have updated all versions of CB subs and Community Builder and joomla.

There are roughly 11,000 users this database, each subscription add a user to a different user group depending on what they subscribe to.

When I turn off the CB subs in community builders pluginmanagement it saves fine, it still takes around 30 seconds to save but it doesn't time out.

At this point I'm at a loss and would love some professional help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311514 by krileon
Sounds like maybe some behavior you're using on subscription state change could be causing issues. Do you have any CBSubs integrations like CBSubs SQL Actions installed and in use? If so try unpublishing them to see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311559 by danpoole
Thanks but nothing changed when I turned off CBSubs Plugins

I did however test it again and turned off the CB Auto Actions plugin and it seem to be working now, do you think it is the out of date CB Auto Actions???

These are the current plugins I have for CB and their versions
-- CB Query Field (5.0.4+build.201…)
-- CB Profile Update Logger (3.0.0+build.201…)
-- CB AntiSpam (3.1.0+build.201…)
-- CB Auto Actions (7.2.0+build.201…)
-- CB Conditional (5.0.0+build.201…)

Main CB is up to date.

4 years 11 months ago #311579 by krileon
CB Auto Actions 7.2.0 was released early last year. It's entirely possible it being out of date could be an issue. Review what auto actions you've configured and see if you've any acting on CBSubs triggers then try unpublishing just those auto actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #311882 by danpoole
Hi, I have purchased the Auto Action plugin and updated, unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

However, I have logman installed and noticed that after saving one of my tests that it created 18 log entries of me saving the user (about 30s apart). It seems like it is looping the process until it gives the 403 connection error. I have attached some screenshots of the auto actions setting.

Also, here is the response from the SiteGround hosting

I checked the logs for your current IP and as far as I can see the bulk of requests coming from it seem to look like this:
Code:
101.177.31.35 - - [15/Apr/2019:23:18:41 -0500] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_logman&view=activities&sort=created_on&format=csv&offset=9972&limit=50&context=administrator&levels%5B0%5D=1&levels%5B1%5D=1&levels%5B2%5D=2&levels%5B3%5D=3&levels%5B4%5D=6&levels%5B5%5D=7&levels%5B6%5D=8&levels%5B7%5D=9&levels%5B8%5D=10&levels%5B9%5D=11&levels%5B10%5D=12&levels%5B11%5D=13&levels%5B12%5D=14&levels%5B13%5D=15&levels%5B14%5D=16&levels%5B15%5D=17&levels%5B16%5D=18&levels%5B17%5D=19&levels%5B18%5D=20&levels%5B19%5D=21&levels%5B20%5D=22&levels%5B21%5D=23&levels%5B22%5D=24&levels%5B23%5D=25&levels%5B24%5D=26&levels%5B25%5D=27&levels%5B26%5D=28&levels%5B27%5D=29&levels%5B28%5D=30&levels%5B29%5D=31&levels%5B30%5D=32&levels%5B31%5D=33&levels%5B32%5D=34&levels%5B33%5D=35&direction=ASC HTTP/1.0" 200 1915 "https://www.emmett-technique-hq.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_logman&view=activities" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36"

However the overall number of requests like this is fairly low - your IP has barely made 600 requests through the day which is almost nothing.

I checked the server logs for any load spikes, and I cannot find anything for the last 2 weeks, the latest load spike appears to be on the 5th of April. The RAM usage seems to be fairly low as well, and while CPU usage is indeed higher it does not appear to have ever reached the thresholds. I/O usage also seems to be in order.

4 years 11 months ago #311891 by krileon
It only times out when altering their Subscription tab from within CB > User Management? Does it time out if you don't add or remove a subscription, but still save them? If so does frontend profile edit save do the same? Seams like something installed is acting on Joomla user save, which is fired before CB performs its user save. Within Extensions > Plugins try unpublishing 3rd party User plugins. If that doesn't fix it repeat with 3rd party System plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn