[#7624] Stripe Prorating

4 years 8 months ago #313168 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Prorating
Thank you for confirming that I received the payment. Indeed I sent the user a separate invoice for the initial amount, I am hoping their future payments go through without issues.

I looked into the logs and I do see: "POST /v1/payment_methods" + "POST /v1/subscriptions" + "POST /v1/payment_intents" for both of the transactions that failed.
Here is the summary of "POST /v1/payment_intents as I figured that was the one you may need to see (please note, I've removed some of the information and replaced it with "..." for privacy reasons:

Request POST body
{
"amount": "...",
"currency": "usd",
"description": "...",
"receipt_email": "...",
"metadata": {
"user_id": "...",
"order_id": "...",
"invoice": "...",
"sub_id": "..."
},
"customer": "..."
}
Response body
{
"id": "...",
"object": "payment_intent",
"amount": ...,
"amount_capturable": 0,
"amount_received": 0,
"application": null,
"application_fee_amount": null,
"canceled_at": null,
"cancellation_reason": null,
"capture_method": "automatic",
"charges": {
"object": "list",
"data": [
],
"has_more": false,
"total_count": 0,
"url": "/v1/charges?payment_intent="...""
},
"client_secret": "...",
"confirmation_method": "automatic",
"created": ...,
"currency": "usd",
"customer": "...",
"description": "...",
"invoice": null,
"last_payment_error": null,
"livemode": true,
"metadata": {
"user_id": "...",
"order_id": "...",
"invoice": "...",
"sub_id": "..."
},
"next_action": null,
"on_behalf_of": null,
"payment_method": null,
"payment_method_types": [
"card"
],
"receipt_email": "...",
"review": null,
"setup_future_usage": null,
"shipping": null,
"source": null,
"statement_descriptor": null,
"status": "requires_payment_method",
"transfer_data": null,
"transfer_group": null
}

Please let me know if you need anything further. Thus far it looks like everything is working fine on our end and Stripe but the discounted first month is not being executed. Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313171 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Prorating
Recommend contacting Stripe to have them take a look. I'm not having any issues in my tests with discounted initial payments so I'm not sure why that's happening. Was this only happening for recurring subscriptions with a discounted initial amount? The only hint from the above is requires_payment_method, which would mean the customer object is missing a payment method which you should be able to check within Stripe > Customers, but if you sent an initial invoice that they paid then they liked will have a payment method now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313175 by wjgadmin
I did contact them and that is the strange thing... they said that the payment method was properly applied to the ongoing subscription payments, however the initial (trial period) payment it showed no payment method was applied in the API. I've looked through stripe and it appears that it submitted a $0 value but also tried to take a $"..." payment (the actual cost).

Yes this has only happened when the trial period was discounted. We've not had issues as of yet with the normal payments or signups, only this one. This tells me there has to be an issue somewhere with the discounted amount on the initial trial period/recurring payment(s) subscriptions. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help troubleshoot this with you all so we can hopefully find a solution :) Thank you

4 years 8 months ago #313190 by krileon
So is the initial payment supposed to be $0? By discounted do you mean free for the initial payment? Please provide the plan initial/regular price and duration as well as the amount being discounted and will test the scenario locally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313198 by wjgadmin
The initial amount should have been $73.45, not sure where the $0 actually came from.

Initial amount & all following = $99
Discount for 1st month only = $25.55

1st month should = $73.45
Following months = $99

4 years 8 months ago #313213 by krileon
Are you able to reliably reproduce this issue with a test account? I'm testing your exact values and it's still working fine here so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn