Unable to add subscription

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #313838 by quantumgravity
Unable to add subscription was created by quantumgravity
Well, I may not be doing this correctly, but it's always worked before:

We have someone who opted to change their type of membership. We don't allow users to upgrade themselves, and this is more of a "lateral" anyway. I deleted the user's current subscription in the back end and attempted to add the new one. The user record is saved, but no subscription is added. A check of CBSubs-->Subscriptions confirms there is no subscription in the database for this user. I cleared the cache and used three browsers to no effect.

Thanks for the help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313843 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to add subscription
Is the subscription you're trying to give them a free lifetime plan? If so ensure CBSubs is configured to give subscriptions for free lifetime plans within CBSubs > Settings > Global otherwise they act more like a placeholder in environments with exclusive plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313846 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic Unable to add subscription
Thanks, Kyle. Nope, it wasn't a lifetime plan. What finally seemed to work was to clear the "Supercacher" cache at Siteground. I'm not sure why this is a cache issue, but I'll take success any way I can get it.

4 years 8 months ago #313850 by krileon
Server side caching can absolutely do that. It caches the PHP output buffer so subsequent calls for the same data will return the cache. It doesn't really work in a dynamic environment which tends to need custom caching instead of a generic cache solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

4 years 8 months ago #313851 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic Unable to add subscription
That's interesting and very informative. I thought this particular caching option only cached static data, since Siteground also offers a "Dynamic Cache" in coordination with a Siteground Joomla plugin that in my case really screws things up. It sounds like I should turn off the "static" cache, too.

4 years 8 months ago #313874 by krileon
If using Joomlas built in page cache our system plugin will automatically purge page cache for CB pages to avoid problems like this, but there's not much we can do about 3rd party or external solutions. Once we're done with our API rewrites we'll be implementing more long term caching solutions beyond static variable caching to further improve performance, but for now there's not much more that can be done in such a dynamic environment without pretty specific implementations.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn