[#7908] How to stop a family member plan from allowing new subscriptions ?

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317477 by joomally
I have set up a family member plan, which is available for new members when they register on the site.

At the moment, User A registers on the plan, and then shares it with User B.
User B clicks on a link in the email, and is redirected to the registration page.
The plan name is at the top of the registration page and below it is 'This is a shared subscription from xxx. If you do not want to accept this shared subscription click here to reject it. '

For this to work as described above, I have set 'Allow New Subscriptions' and 'Allow Registration' to both be true.

What if, in the future, I wish to make this plan no longer available for new members but I want existing members to still be able to share the plan ?

From what I can tell, if I set 'Allow New Subscriptions' to be 'no', then the work flow above doesn't work.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317508 by krileon
Doesn't matter if the plan doesn't allow new subscriptions. The shared subscription should still work perfectly fine. The shared subscription doesn't actually exist. It's dynamically inserted into their list of active subscriptions based off accepting the shared subscription, which is an entirely different database entry and does not verify if the subscription allows new subscriptions or not.

It does however appear to have a bug with registrations. The plan display is suppressed by that setting. Have added a bug ticket to fix. If the user logs in before using the accept URL it will work fine though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7908

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317520 by joomally
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn