Question on "overlapping" subscriptions and Plan images

3 years 8 months ago #319675 by Pomond
Hello!

I am having good success with implementing the new subscriptions structure as discussed in my earlier message about adding to my existing Plan structure. In particular, I've implemented a new "Gold Sponsor" Plan alongside the pre-existing "Sponsor" Plan, and I've successfully had one of our advertisers go through the upgrade to "Gold Sponsor" while they still had their "Sponsor" plan active.

However, for the Plan image for this member, it still shows the image for the "Sponsor" account, and not the image for the "Gold Sponsor" subscription they just purchased. Is there a way to have the Gold Sponsor image appear instead?

Also, I'd note that it looks like the original "Sponsor" Plan is still active for this subscriber, who now seems to be subscribed to both Sponsor and Gold Sponsor at the same time. Both of these are at the same level (with "Free Membership" as their parent), and both are set to be Exclusive.

Ideally, when a Sponsor becomes a Gold Sponsor, their Sponsor-level Plan would be removed and replaced by the Gold Sponsor Plan. Then, when either expire or are canceled, they would each fall back to the "Free Membership" Plan.

Do I need to look at some more config. (e.g. Auto Actions) to get these results? Thanks in advance for your support. Cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319677 by beat
Were the 2 plans exclusive of each other and having the same parent plan at the time the user upgraded ?

No auto-action is needed for that.

The upgraded-from plan should have a new status "Upgraded to other" when looking in CBSubs / Subscriptions view in administration area.

And if you click in that view on the number in "Change Log" column, and then hover the "Update" in "Changes" column, you should see that Status changed from "A" (active) to "U" (upgraded to other subscription).

I just re-tested this process to write this reply and confirmed that it's working as designed and explained above.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 8 months ago #319679 by Pomond
Hmmm ... that's not what I'm seeing in the Subscriptions tab for this account: I see the old subscription ("Sponsorship") still showing as "Active" status for this user, and the new subscription ("Gold Sponsorship") also has an Active status. See the attached screen shot.

Also, when examining the History and Logs for the old subscription ("Sponsorship"), I don't see the "U" value: It still has an "A" value. See the other attached screen shot. Any ideas, or other things to check?

Thanks!
Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #319680 by Pomond
Also, I happened to look at the History and Logs and saw the following (including a seeming "upgrade" command for the account).

It looks like two people at the "Gold Sponsor" may have inadvertently tried to upgrade without communicating with each other, and it failed. Or that's my takeaway from the error log in the History. Thanks!
Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #319681 by beat
That's rather strange. Are you 100% sure that the "Sponsor" and Gold Sponsor" plans are mutually exclusive and with same parent ? And were already like that at the upgrade ?

Here is what I get with my test with a parent: Notice the "Replaces subscription" and "Replaced by subscription" columns, showing the corresponding ids:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Attachments:

3 years 8 months ago #319683 by Pomond
Thank you for your reply. Yes, the behavior seems unexpected. Attached is a screen shot of all of my Plans. (Note that "Staff" and "Neighbor" at the bottom are lightly used and/or ready for retirement.)

I have confirmed that both "Sponsor" and "Gold Sponsor" plans have the following setting:

Edit Subscription Plan > Presentation tab > General settings > "Exclusive plan" value is:
"Exclusive, other plans of same parent cannte be subscribed same time, but one subscription is mandatory"

I am quite sure that both plans were configured this way before the member's upgrade from "Sponsor" to "Gold Sponsor."

Come to think of it, it doesn't look like the prorated amount remaining from the "Sponsor" subscription was applied to discount the new "Gold Sponsor" subscription. (I thought I had configured it to do so.)

I had made and saved some changes to both Plans right around the time of this signup ... however, I hadn't touched the "Exclusive plan" value, which was set this way during the upgrade.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn