Best way to manually add time to a subscription

3 years 8 months ago #319723 by Pomond
Hi!

I have a couple CBSubs-paying subscriber members who are helping me kick the tires on our system while we do some troubleshooting and work out some kinks.

I would like to "restart" their annual subscription dates from the day I've completed my tweaks, so they enjoy a year of their annual subscription that they've already paid for, and are running as active CBSubs subscripions.

There are only a couple accounts, so this could be done manually.

What's the best way to accomplish this? I'd prefer to use the CBSubs/Joomla interface, and I am flexible in terms of how this might be accomplished (e.g. add an extension to their expiration date, offer an extended renewal subscription, give them a discount, etc.). I'd like to offer them a bonus or recompense for waiting for all site features to roll out. Ideally this would be to "reset" their subscription start date.

I can edit a database record in PHPMyAdmin, but would greatly benefit from some explicit pointers (and know of any gotchas) for this. Or run a SQL statement, but I would appreciate similarly explicit help with this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319735 by krileon
As long as the subscription isn't a recurring subscription you can actually freely modify all of its values. This includes the date the subscription started and when it expires. To do this click the # under the ID column in CBSubs > Subscriptions and you can modify the dates (and more!) there for a subscription. Now if they are recurring subscriptions you could still edit them there, but the recurring payments won't care since that information is stored at the payment gateway and will still bill them regardless of your change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #319822 by Pomond
Thanks! This worked great. I appreciate the support and this very versatile product!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn