paypalpro Single payment error returned 10747: Invalid IP

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #319819 by cjmicro
Can you help with this please?

A couple customers have received this error upon attempting to pay:
paypalpro Single payment error returned 10747: Invalid IP. Please contact site administrator to check error log.

I checked with paypal and this is their info on that error

10747 DoDirectPayment
DoReferenceTransaction SHORT Invalid Data.
LONG This transaction cannot be processed without a valid IP address.

Note: The merchant entered an IP address in an invalid format. The IP address must be in a format such as 123.456.123.456.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #319834 by krileon
Sounds like the user attempting to make a purchase has an invalid IP Address. Either due to being behind a proxy, ip spoofing, or they might be hiding it somehow. That API won't work without the users valid IP Address. Is there any further information in PayPal's log that shows the IP Address that was provided to PayPal? If not is there any further information in CBSubs > Notifications for the failed payment or in CBSubs > History Log? This would then allow you to see what IP Address the user would be trying to send to PayPal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #319839 by cjmicro
It does have an ip address listed in the error log on cb subs
they are super long format.... not a normal looking ip to me

This message contains confidential information

Interestingly the payments did go through though. I know the 2 people who put them through and i have a hard time believing either of them even knows what a proxy server is... but <shrug>

Cheryl

3 years 7 months ago #319842 by krileon
Ok, they've IPv6 IP Addresses. Looks like PayPal only supports IPv4 and responds with that error if it's IPv6. PayPal however doesn't stop the transaction when this error occurs. Have created a bug ticket for further investigation as we'll have to figure out something since we can't send IPv6, but PayPal requires the IP Address.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8109

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #319843 by krileon
I recommend reaching out to PayPal and confirming the issue is the IPv6 as they should've updated their API to support IPv6 by now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 7 months ago #319849 by cjmicro
Ok have contacted them. Hopefully i get an answer and will share with you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn