paypalpro Single payment error returned 10747: Invalid IP

3 years 8 months ago #319853 by cjmicro
from PayPal:

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your integration. My name is James and I'll be happy to assist.

Unfortunately, IPv6 is not supported with PayPal Advanced. In order to resolve the issue, you will need to ensure the system is sending requests using IPv4.

I have asked them back if PayPal Pro would support ipv6.

More to come... C
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319854 by beat

cjmicro wrote: from PayPal:

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your integration. My name is James and I'll be happy to assist.

Unfortunately, IPv6 is not supported with PayPal Advanced. In order to resolve the issue, you will need to ensure the system is sending requests using IPv4.

I have asked them back if PayPal Pro would support ipv6.

More to come... C

As I understand it: The request itself is sent with IPv4 (as paypal.com still doesn't exist with IPv6), it's the mandatory customer's IP address in the corresponding field sent to Paypal that is IPv6, since your own server supports IPv6, and your customer too. So for them, it's not that they would need to have their whole infrastructure modernized to support IPv6, but just that their software accepts the customer IP address fields sent in IPv6 format.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 8 months ago #319857 by cjmicro
More from PP

Unfortunately, there is not an ETA of when IPv6 will be supported. There is being work done to support it, but no timeline of when it will be available.

For PayPal Pro - it is also not supported.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm not sure what to do about this because it causes issues for the clients and they have no idea why. Is there a way (language) to change the error message or something?

We can't leave off the customer ip when it goes to PayPal because they require it but they don't accept IPv6? Makes sense (NOT)

Cheryl
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 years 8 months ago #319859 by krileon
That's honestly very surprising they don't support IPv6 by now as this issue was reported to them years ago. At the very least they could just make customer IP Address not mandatory anymore. I'm not sure what to suggest since this is something entirely on their end. My best suggestion is to just not use on-site payments and instead use the standard PayPal gateway, which sends them to PayPal to pay, or consider switching to Stripe.

Is there a way (language) to change the error message or something?

Payment gateway errors are not passed through translations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cjmicro

3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #319860 by beat
This should be actually the reply of Paypal's support team, but I see technically only 3 possibilities:

1. move from Paypal to Stripe

2. remove your website's support for IPv6 (e.g. by removing the AAAA IPv6 entries in the DNS records of your website). That would exclude some IPv6-only ISPs without routing to IPv4 sites with NAT64/DNS64 (not even sure those exist yet).

3. Ask again Paypal, that it's not full IPv6 support that you need, but only that they accept the customer-IP-address fields in their APIs to contain an IPv6 address.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: cjmicro

3 years 8 months ago #319861 by cjmicro
Thanks for the info! We'll discuss and decide but at least there are options.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn