idevaffiliate Coupons

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321664 by wjgadmin
[#8267] idevaffiliate Coupons was created by wjgadmin
Hi
We would love to make use of idevaffiliate’s coupon code commissions. Basically it removes the necessity for anyone to send links. Instead they can provide a coupon code to their friends, family etc...
Then when that coupon code is used in the shopping cart they get credited as an affiliate for commissions.

When we asked idevaffiliate, they mentioned it isn’t currently compatible, however it seems to be a very simple & easy line of code to what you’re already doing.
Please see their response below & kindly let us know if you may be able to implement this simple code so you can pass the coupon code used to idevaffiliate. Thank you in advance!

Response:
———————
You're welcome to see if they are capable of passing the coupon code in the call being made to our sale.php file within the plugin they created. It would look like this:

&coupon_code=xyz where xyz is the code used at checkout
—————————

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321674 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
Does it create a tracking cookie when using such a URL or is it exclusively dependent on coupon_code in the URL? Can the provide a link to the documentation for this as am having a difficult time finding it on their site or developer portal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321676 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
Please see the response below from idevaffiliate:

All that would need done is to have the coupon code passed in the URL call they are making now. Nothing more is needed from their side.

&coupon_code=XYZ <- XYZ being the coupon code used

This has nothing to do with cookie tracking, etc. We would just need for them to pass us the coupon code used at checkout and we handle the rest on our side.

3 years 4 months ago #321677 by krileon
For that to work we would need to capture it from the URL and persist it so it can be sent with our iDevAffiliate implementation at time of payment. Persisting it would require either storing in session or in a cookie. So it's better to just use a cookie, have a cookie GDPR disclosure, and implement handling of the cookie as we've done for Piwik and PostAffiliatePro. Regardless I still don't have any API documentation for this. We are using the sale.php endpoint in iDevAffiliate to log commissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321679 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic idevaffiliate Coupons
Please see your PM, I don't believe it is very professional to post further responses here.
I am acting as a middle person unfortunately.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321680 by krileon
Ok, I understand now. You want to pass the CBSubs Promotions coupon code to iDevAffiliate. We've implemented same for PostAffiliatePro and is an easy enough implementation, but CBSubs Promotions allows for more than 1 coupon code to be applied.

Was able to find their documentation regarding coupon_code (what I was requesting they provide in my earlier replies), but it does not appear to support multiple coupon codes. So this will be able to be implemented, but we'll only be able to pass the first coupon code in the basket.

www.idevlibrary.com/docs/Coupon_Code_Commissioning.pdf

Have added a feature ticket as follows to review further for implementation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8267

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds