Billing address question

2 years 10 months ago #325044 by jross
Billing address question was created by jross
Hello, when a new user subscribes on our site, they use a subscription from that contains all the address information we need.
When the new subscriber fills out the sub form, they are then directed to a Billing Address form that asks them to update their billing address.
How do I delete this step and just go straight to the payment gateway?
BTW, I am using the Paypal as the payment gateway. (I can't see any settings in there to turn of the Billing Address form)
Thanks,
JR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325045 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Billing address question
You can choose if and from which CB fields the billing address initially fills up in:

CB Paid Subscriptions -> Settings ->
Tab Display -> Tab Invoices ->
Frontend invoice display settings fieldset ->

-> Customer invoicing address
Invoicing address handling at payment time : Select "non-mandatory invoicing address" here

-> CB fields for first invoicing address of customer fieldset
Here select the CB fields corresponding to the billing address fields.

These settings above will copy the CB fields into the CBSubs default billing address, and customers will have a chance to edit the address at ordering time if needed.

Does this address your workflow ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 10 months ago #325047 by jross
Replied by jross on topic Billing address question
Thank you, that helps a lot.
Because this is a membership application form for a boat club, there are only personal memberships.
Can you tell me how to unpublish the Company field from the Update Billing Address form?
(This is not a field I created in CB and it's not listed in the CB fields setup)
Thanks, JR

2 years 10 months ago #325059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Billing address question
There is no functionality to remove fields from the billing address page. Best I can suggest is just hiding it with CSS. The below should work.

#cbfr_payer_business_name {
    display: none;
}

You can apply this to CB using CBs built in CSS overrides functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325643 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Billing address question
Good thread, and the feature is well designed, thanks. 2 questions:

1. Is this address validated with payment gateways (is that why it's hardcoded in)?

2. The Country and State dropdowns are prepopulated with US/Canada data. How Can I copy/duplicate these fields into other addresses used on the user profile for other purposes? I remember seeing a tutorial on how to do this by accessing the database directly, but I'd rather just copy it if it already exists somewhere and not touch the DB.

AND a third: Is there a way to copy/prepopulate the address data into other address fields? e.g. a Shipping Address on the user profile (basically do the reverse of what Neat was explaining and map it back to user profile fields), this one is a bit of a stretch, sorry.

Thanks.

2 years 9 months ago #325653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Billing address question

1. Is this address validated with payment gateways (is that why it's hardcoded in)?

The address is sent to payment gateways if enabled and usually is by default. No idea what you're asking regarding it being hardcoded. We ask all the standard invoice related information. Nothing more or less is really necessary.

2. The Country and State dropdowns are prepopulated with US/Canada data. How Can I copy/duplicate these fields into other addresses used on the user profile for other purposes? I remember seeing a tutorial on how to do this by accessing the database directly, but I'd rather just copy it if it already exists somewhere and not touch the DB.

You can use CB Query Field and its Query Select field types to query the following database tables that CBSubs Tax provides.

_comprofiler_countries
_comprofiler_provinces

A few examples of doing exactly this are already available on these forums like the following.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/243707-countries-and-cities?start=6#323764

AND a third: Is there a way to copy/prepopulate the address data into other address fields? e.g. a Shipping Address on the user profile (basically do the reverse of what Neat was explaining and map it back to user profile fields), this one is a bit of a stretch, sorry.

The CBSubs invoice address is stored in hidden CB fields. You should see them in the _comprofiler database table. I suppose you could just substitute them into another field if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn