No basket for paid plan renewals

2 years 9 months ago #325722 by autobahn
No basket for paid plan renewals was created by autobahn
We have two almost identical paid-for plans, Plan A and Plan B, that are renewable annually. However, only one of them (Plan A) generates a Payment Basket at renewal time.

They differ in their setup in cosmetic details such as the Plan Name and, otherwise the only setting that differs is Auto-recurring renewals (*):, which is User's Choice for Plan A which does generate baskets and Single Payment for Plan B which does not generate baskets.

Members on Plan A generally pay their renewal dues online via the PayPal Gateway (with some being on PayPal recurring payments).

Members on Plan B have set up bank instructions to pay our Club directly on an annual basis so these payments are always handled via the back-end. As there have never been baskets for these we record the member's payment via the Subscription tab on their profile (Renew/Reactivate tickbox); because of this, these members never login to renew as they know it will be done for them on receipt of payment.

Can you explain why there are no baskets for Plan B?

Incidentally, we stopped offering Plan B as a new or upgrade option a couple of years ago but this lack of baskets pre-dates that (ever since we started using CBSubs in 2014). We want to start recording all our receipts against baskets now, so it would be very helpful to know what to change.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325724 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No basket for paid plan renewals
Recurring payments do not create new baskets. They only create new payments for the original basket. You can display that information to the user by enabling payment history in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices. Manual renewals should always create a new basket though.

Members on Plan B have set up bank instructions to pay our Club directly on an annual basis so these payments are always handled via the back-end. As there have never been baskets for these we record the member's payment via the Subscription tab on their profile (Renew/Reactivate tickbox); because of this, these members never login to renew as they know it will be done for them on receipt of payment.

Can you explain why there are no baskets for Plan B?

This is the wrong way to handle offline payments. You should be using the offline gateway. Your users should be selecting the offline gateway as their payment method and confirming it. You should then be paying the basket in CBSubs > Baskets when their offline payment is received. This ensures both of you have a paper trail of the payment exchange. If you're just renewing them by editing them in CB > User Management they will not have a basket.

Additionally Stripe supports bank transfer payment methods. Maybe consider switching to that and automating handling of bank transfer payments?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325726 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic No basket for paid plan renewals
I understand about there being no baskets for recurring payments and that is fine for us - the subscription gets renewed automatically once the payment has been verified and processed. The manual ones do generate baskets and we can match payments to those.

The Plan B bank payments are a legacy from the old manual system which we had to shoehorn in and find a way to manage. They are gradually dropping away as these members age, retire and leave the Club. I appreciate that the members should be logging in and using the off-line option but that's just not going to happen, but maybe I can find a way for the Financial Officer to be able to do just that from the front end.

I will also have a look at Stripe.

Thank you for your patience, and for giving me a much better insight as to how the financial processes of CBSubs works.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic No basket for paid plan renewals
You can initiate an offline payment for them on frontend. While logged in as a super user (or a user given the appropriate permissions from CBSubs > Settings > Permissions page) visit their profile and select to renew their plan then go through the basket process on their behalf selecting the offline payment gateway. Next pay that in backend through CBSubs > Baskets and that'll be sure they've a basket and invoice associated with the payment. We don't have a way of generating the basket in backend manually at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn