[SOLVED] Community Builder: 2.6.0 fails to install

2 years 8 months ago #325799 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder: 2.6.0 fails to install
The operation you're doing applies to your entire database. That table does not belong to CBSubs so no it won't create it for you. That table belongs to AcyMailing and I do not recommend deleting tables for extensions you are using.

If you aren't using AcyMailing then you can just delete that table otherwise that table is using 255 length for a lot of columns that it doesn't need to and is why it's hitting row size limits. I suggest editing _acymailing_geolocation table and adjusting the lengths to the following columns.

geolocation_type = 100
geolocation_ip = 100
geolocation_postal_code = 50
geolocation_country_code = 50
geolocation_state_code = 50
geolocation_timezone = 50

That's the best I can suggest and is probably still higher length than needed, but I don't know the exact data being stored so that's best I can suggest.

I did try to install in spite of the phpMyAdmin error and did receive the same error as before the collation change:

That's because the collation change failed due to the error you're seeing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wallytbull

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325810 by wallytbull
Replied by wallytbull on topic Community Builder: 2.6.0 fails to install
Thank you for your excellent help. Adjusting the row size and changing the collation to utf8mb4_general_ci seems to have solved the problem.

Note that the original suggestion to use utf8mb4_unicode_ci did not work in my case but utf8mb4_general_ci did work. I don't know enough to know why so I pass this along for possible future use to others.

These are the sort of things that we mortal users would never solve on our own and for which we sincerely appreciate your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn