Multiple Subscriptions

2 years 7 months ago #326399 by pholcomb
Multiple Subscriptions was created by pholcomb
Desired setup: A user subscribes to one of our plans. 1 year later, they must renew their plan. They go to their subscriptions and see the Blue bar that says renew. However, we also have an upgrade option (add-on) for a separate subscription. They should be able to add BOTH to a cart and pay one time.

Is this possible? Right now, when they click the blue Renew button, it creates a basket and doesn't let them add anything to it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326402 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Subscriptions
It is not possible to renew a subscription while purchasing another subscription at the same time. They'd have to do that in separate transactions. This maybe supported in a future release, but currently isn't primarily due to how several payment gateways we support work when processing transactions. We need to improve our gateway APIs further so we can support things like this per-gateway to deal with payment gateway limitations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334031 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic Multiple Subscriptions
I was looking to do something similar, and was wondering about the status of this.

In terms of generating revenues, it would be so helpful to be able to add options/items to an order or renewal. Being able to upsell would be a huge addition to CBSubs.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334036 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Subscriptions
It's not possible to renew and make new purchases at the same time still. We have to completely redesign that payment flow to implement that. That's a huge rewrite we don't currently have time to tackle right now and comes with significant risk of breaking what is currently a stable payment flow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.745 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn