CbSubs question about expired subscriptions

2 years 5 months ago #326610 by liaskas
Hello

Everything works pretty fine with CbSubs, i use it for many years.

I have one question that i have not found the answer for...

Expired subscriptions.

Is there a way to auto delete subscriptions after expiration?

Right now users are viewing all their expired subscriptions when they get to subscription plan selection page to subscribe!

I tried to create an auto action to delete expired subscriptions after expiration but it does not seem to work.

Can you please suggest any solution, like a cron script or an auto action do delete the expired subscriptions?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CbSubs question about expired subscriptions

Is there a way to auto delete subscriptions after expiration?

It's possible using CB Auto Actions, but then you lose that subscription history and previous state. It also will impact some features like first time purchase of a plan. Why do you need to get rid of these?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326642 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic CbSubs question about expired subscriptions
Thank you for your reply Krileon.

We want to get rid of these because on page... option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

on top it shows the current subscription. Right bellow the "current subscription" is the list of the "expired subscriptions" and then... bellow the "expired subscriptions" follows the list of the "available subscriptions" for the user to choose.

When the "expired subscriptions" list becomes large, then the users have to scroll all the way down till they find the "available subscriptions" to upgrade.

This is not an issue of keeping the records or not.

The best would be to have an option not to show the "expired subscriptions" or show them at the bottom of the page.

2 years 5 months ago #326649 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CbSubs question about expired subscriptions
I don't have a solution to suggest that wouldn't just break other things. You could try applying custom CSS just for that specific page. To do that edit your Joomla menu item linking to the Display Plans page and under Page Display supply a unique CSS class to the "Page Class" parameter (e.g. cbsubsHideExpiredPlans). Next use the below CSS to hide the top part of the page where it shows existing active and expired subscriptions.

.cbsubsHideExpiredPlans #cbregSubscribed,
.cbsubsHideExpiredPlans #cbregSubscr {
	display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn