Error 500 when trying to go to the configuration

17 years 5 months ago #23196 by sanethost
:blink: I have just installed, but when I click the configuration menu item under Components -> community builder, I get :

Server Error
The following error occurred:

[code=SERVER_RESPONSE_CLOSE] The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator.
Please contact the administrator.

Any ideas? So far I installed the component, then followed instructions for the new installation in the txt file. I synchronised the tables, and added the sample data. I have also installed the profilebook , and I think also the gallery.

Also, when I try to see the community list I get:Please login or Register to view or modify your profile.
I then login, and nothing changes, its as if the login doesnt work. Should I just start again? Is it possible to simply run the install again?

Please help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23210 by sanethost
I uninstalled all the CB components and modules that I had installed, and then re-installed ONLY the CB comprofiler component. I went straight to the configure page, but I still get the error. The other pages in the CB menu do open, but I immediately get the error when trying to access the configuration.

Has anyone got any ideas? I am desperate to get this working!!

Thank you in advance for your help!

17 years 5 months ago #23211 by sanethost
I have been through all the menus in the Admin of Joomla, and find that I get exactly the same result when I click System->System Info.
Is there something that both of these buttons do, that the other links dont? Do they both try to run a similar script or access something that the others dont?
I trying to figure out what needs to be fixed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

17 years 5 months ago #23215 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 5 months ago #23287 by sanethost
If I am not mistaken that post refers to a windows file, I am running on a Linux system. Any other ideas?

I have been in contact with the server guy, would of any of these settings matter with regard to both the System Information and the configure button not working?

"in the config of Apache, I always turn OFF indexing ("Options -indexes"). Would that interfere with your Joomla component you think ?"

"There was no .htaccess file (I never use these since I have full access to the Apache config files).
I've created an EMPTY one for you right now, you should see it with your ftp-account at least. You can write to it too. I have also added the "allowoveride all" option for you, so that you can apply ALL options in your .htaccess file.
"

He was able to find this about the System information button in the error log file, could it also be affecting CB?
"[Tue Oct 24 18:46:48 2006] [error] [client 198.54.202.18] PHP Warning: fopen(/usr/websites/efmd/grli/configuration.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/websites/efmd/grli/administrator/components/com_config/admin.config.php on line 365, referer: www.xxxxxxx.net/administrator/index2.php?option=com_config&hidemainmenu=1
"
I have uninstalled and installed CB many times and still the same result. Is there anything specific that the configuration link needs to run? I wish I could get the server information for you, but thats where problem two is.

aaaaaggrrr!!!!

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Francois

17 years 5 months ago #23304 by beat
- yes, the post is for windows, not unix...

- error log: looks that either your global site configuration.php file is not readable from the global configuration page, or that you have a php configuration error for allowed file paths.

- indexing doesn't matter here imho

To see the error displayed, you might want to look at httpd error log, or better, enable site debugging in global joomla configuration and then try accessing the CB configuration.

You running cb 1.0.1 and joomla 1.0.11 ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn