Installing in Subdomain then Switching to main One

16 years 10 months ago #37303 by webgyrl
Hi!

I have a question about installing Joomla/CB to a sub domain.

What I am doing is developing a new, Joomla powered site in a sub domain (sub.domain.com). In this Joomla installation I am using Community Builder.

What I'd like to know is if this will all transfer over to the main domain when I am ready to launch the site on the main domain name.

The reason I am doing this is because the web site that is currently up can not have much downtime. The site has to be developed in a sub domain and then switched to the main one when it is ready.

Will this work alright with the CB files etc?

I asked on the Joomla forums about switching Joomla from a sub domain to a main domain and they said that would work by updating the config file. I am assuming the same sort of thing applies to CB?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #37527 by webgyrl
Does anyone know about this? I really want to know before I get way to far into things.

16 years 10 months ago #37720 by schelly
I'm guessing you're right - it should just go on the configuration.php file. I haven't tried it personally, though, so even answering your post is pretty lame of me. I've moved sites before just by changing configuration.php but I'm not sure I can swear to you that they were cb intensive.

Most of my sites are though. Never hurts to try, right?

:side:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

16 years 10 months ago #37731 by Syrinx
Yep it's all in the Joomla config file..

CB is a Joomla component so you don't have have to do anything with CB to transfer the site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn