captcha 1 "invalid security code"

16 years 6 months ago #45888 by dhphllps
captcha 1 "invalid security code" was created by dhphllps
I've mentioned this before and not gotten a response, but I've got some more information that may help in making a diagnosis.

In using captcha 1.0 with cb 1.0.2 I always get the message "invalid security code." I do NOT have the JSMF bridge installed.

The entry in the server error log corresponding to a captcha use is:

[code:1][Wed Sep 12 01:26:18 2007] [error] [client 216.235.42.34] PHP Notice: Undefined index: security_code in /home/www/mydomain.net/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php on line 142, referer: mydomain.net/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,lostPassword/lang,en/[/code:1]

Is this a help in diagnosing the problem?

Post edited by: dhphllps, at: 2007/09/16 03:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #45901 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:captcha 1
dhphllps wrote:

I've mentioned this before and not gotten a response, but I've got some more information that may help in making a diagnosis.

In using captcha 1.0 with cb 1.0.2 I always get the message "invalid security code." I do NOT have the JSMF bridge installed.

The entry in the server error log corresponding to a captcha use is:

[code:1][Wed Sep 12 01:26:18 2007] [error] [client 216.235.42.34] PHP Notice: Undefined index: security_code in /home/www/mydomain.net/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php on line 142, referer: mydomain.net/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,lostPassword/lang,en/[/code:1]

Is this a help in diagnosing the problem?

Post edited by: dhphllps, at: 2007/09/16 03:02

Since you have subscribed to the documentation subscription (BTW - thank you once again), you can download the new captcha 2.0 plugin (its in the same folder).

Install this and see if it works.

16 years 6 months ago #45914 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic Re:captcha 1
I had stayed with CB1.0.2 and captcha 1 because of incompatibilities with AEC, but since that com now works with CB 1.1 I went ahead and upgraded.

The result: captcha 2 works as advertised on the lost password page, but doesn't appear at all on the registration screen or on login. I don't intend to use it for login, but checked yes for both "include on login" and "show title on login" just to see if it worked. Even though the image, title and entry box don't appear, logging in generates the "invalid security code" error.

In the registration dialog, if captcha is published it doesn't appear on the page, but when submitting the AEC payment page to complete registration, it goes back to the AEC intro page without creating the user. If I unpublish captcha it works fine.

J! 1.0.13, CB 1.1, CBCaptcha 2.0 JACLPlus, AEC.

16 years 6 months ago #45916 by nant
dhphllps wrote:

I had stayed with CB1.0.2 and captcha 1 because of incompatibilities with AEC, but since that com now works with CB 1.1 I went ahead and upgraded.

The result: captcha 2 works as advertised on the lost password page, but doesn't appear at all on the registration screen or on login. I don't intend to use it for login, but checked yes for both "include on login" and "show title on login" just to see if it worked. Even though the image, title and entry box don't appear, logging in generates the "invalid security code" error.

In the registration dialog, if captcha is published it doesn't appear on the page, but when submitting the AEC payment page to complete registration, it goes back to the AEC intro page without creating the user. If I unpublish captcha it works fine.

J! 1.0.13, CB 1.1, CBCaptcha 2.0 JACLPlus, AEC.

First of all ... captcha 2.0 has the hooks built in so it will operate with the new cb login module (next release).

regarding the AEC - does captcha 2.0 work with aec off?

sorry, i dont have aec installed - so i cant debug.

16 years 6 months ago #45977 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic Re:captcha 1

nant wrote:

regarding the AEC - does captcha 2.0 work with aec off?

sorry, i dont have aec installed - so i cant debug.

In the process of trying to get CBJuice working, I ended up uninstalling, dropping comprofiler tables and reinstalling CB. In the process, I got many error messages about tables from beta versions of CB, which I never had. In any case, it seems to have reinstalled successfully, and captcha 2 now works as advertised, with AEC.

16 years 6 months ago #45982 by nant
glad you got things working...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn