Profile Layout in IE versus Firefox

17 years 9 months ago #14893 by moriyah
Profile Layout in IE versus Firefox was created by moriyah
Hi,

Im having a bit of trouble trying to get the profile layout to look the same in firefox as it does in IE

you can view my profile in both IE and then in Firefox

www.transitionalstate.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=60

As you can see the Additional Info tabs show centered where I would like them in IE, but in Firefox they are positioned at the bottom under the main menu....which makes it really easy to miss, and a poor layout for viewers.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or could help me out. Alot of users use FF including myself, and this is really something I need to fix before my site goes live.

thanks.

Post edited by: moriyah, at: 2006/06/07 22:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #14899 by moriyah
Replied by moriyah on topic Re:Profile Layout in IE versus Firefox
just to make it known...Ive been playing around with the positions and now the whole thing is screwed up... I can not get it to show up in the main portion of my site at all now.

I dont know what else to do next.:(

17 years 9 months ago #14907 by homebrew
Replied by homebrew on topic Re:Profile Layout in IE versus Firefox
A lot of times, you have to code in some IE-specific styling in the CSS. You might google IE Firefox CSS to find more info.

17 years 9 months ago #14918 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Profile Layout in IE versus Firefox
moriyah wrote:

just to make it known...Ive been playing around with the positions and now the whole thing is screwed up... I can not get it to show up in the main portion of my site at all now.

I dont know what else to do next.:(

this is 99,9% related to your website template.
I am sure if your try one of the deployed joomla templates the problem will be solved.

15 years 11 months ago #60723 by sudie97
Replied by sudie97 on topic Re:Profile Layout in IE versus Firefox
I am having a very similar problem. When I click on a user's profile in Firefox, it looks perfect. When I click on a users profile in IE, it shows up way down on the bottom of the page under all the menus.

Please Help!:blink:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn