Syncing JOS Users and CB User Tables Uniquely

17 years 9 months ago #15748 by wolfcreek
I have an unique issue. I'm wanting to develop a site using CB, but the payment system (AMember) can't operate with CB effectively even with their free CB Plugin.

There is little point of having a community site for paid members if we can't sync the two DB's. I would like to use a CRON to update the two databases to build this site.

Here is the general procedure for AMember/Joomla integration. A new user can register with the site, but won't be able to login to CB without the sync due to AMember using the JOS Users DB. Obviously the API CB built creates users in JOS, but uses its own tables to call from. While I don't mind syncing the site by the backend, I cannot monitor the site 24/7, and I don't have the hacking/coding skills to port the information directly from JOS to CB, and it winds up being counterproductive to maintain a single login for paid members.

The issue is that while I know there are other payment options, I have to be able to utilize my third party biller, which is not supported (as of yet) by any of the 3PD's out there.

Does anyone know a means to CRON the syncing tool? The login provides the biggest obstacle, as the normal username:password@yoursite.com won't work with Joomla.

Here is the CRON I've attempted:

[code:1]/usr/local/bin/lynx "-source http:// username: password@mysiteishere.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=syncUsers >&/dev/null"[/code:1]

This is without the paren and the extraspaces in the un/pw command due to JB's inability to post as CRON command.

I need to be able to login to JOS from CRON and have it execute this procedure every 10 minutes. I know the CRON procedure, but don't quite see how to get it done without a login step.

Thanks in advance.

Wolf.

Post edited by: wolfcreek, at: 2006/06/21 15:30

Post edited by: wolfcreek, at: 2006/06/21 15:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26764 by tm2000
Wolf... did you ever figure this out? I am stick with the same issue..

Need a CRONs to run the CB userSync :blink:

17 years 4 months ago #26766 by wolfcreek
Replied by wolfcreek on topic Re:Syncing JOS Users and CB User Tables Uniquely
I did...give me a day or so to see if I can find it, because I found it to be more of a hassle than an asset. It works, but there are several holes that tend to be in place.

I'll let you know!

Wolf.

17 years 4 months ago #26767 by tm2000
Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean with aMember.. Love it and hate it - all at the same time.. Ha!

17 years 4 months ago #26887 by tm2000
Hey Wolf.. any luck in this? Let me know and thank you in advance for looking..

16 years 1 month ago #57851 by matrix845
Replied by matrix845 on topic Re:Syncing JOS Users and CB User Tables Uniquely
do you know how to run a cron for do the user sncro with Community Builder?

I try without result!!

Thanks for your help

Pierpaolo ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn