manager access to CB user management

17 years 4 months ago #24681 by kmchen
manager access to CB user management was created by kmchen
Hi

How to give manager access to CB user management but not all other tabs (tabs management, fields management, etc...)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #27943 by mkastro
Replied by mkastro on topic Re:manager access to CB user management
Hi,
I am having the same problem but i solved partially by putting a link to administrator\templates\joomla_admin\index.php named
<a href="index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers" style="color: #333333; font-weight: bold">users</a>.
and commenting out the ln 21 in administrator\components\com_comprofiler\admin.comprofiler.php

But still i have a weird problem that after managers saved the changes in user details user becomes uncomfirmed.

I anyone has the same problem , i would be appreciate if they help me.
Thanks in advance.

16 years 6 months ago #44762 by godrox
Replied by godrox on topic Re:manager access to CB user management
I also want to give Managers access to Community Builder in the backend. I followed these instructions to edit includes/gacl.class.php and give Mangers access to Community Builder in their Components menu, but if they click on any of the menu items, it gives this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cbredirect() in /home/[username]/public_html/ymwebsites/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php on line 22

Does anyone know how to make this work?

16 years 4 months ago #49997 by cavyspirit
Replied by cavyspirit on topic Re:manager access to CB user management
Did anyone resolve this? I also really need to give manager access to user management from the backend. I would very much prefer they not have tab management access, but if I have to, I can live with it.

Thx.

16 years 4 months ago #50538 by magickz
Replied by magickz on topic Re:manager access to CB user management
I would like to know the same. If someone knows a hack for this problem it would be very appreciated :)

16 years 3 months ago #51270 by gsxfan
Replied by gsxfan on topic Re:manager access to CB user management
godrox wrote:

I also want to give Managers access to Community Builder in the backend. I followed these instructions to edit includes/gacl.class.php and give Mangers access to Community Builder in their Components menu, but if they click on any of the menu items, it gives this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cbredirect() in /home/[username]/public_html/ymwebsites/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php on line 22

Does anyone know how to make this work?

Yes.
This error comes up if the manager group has insufficient rights to manage users.
Add these entries to the gacl.class.php, then a manager group member can deal with CB:

$this->_mos_add_acl( 'administration', 'install', 'users', 'manager', 'components', 'all' );

$this->_mos_add_acl( 'administration', 'manage', 'users', 'manager', 'components', 'com_users' );

$this->_mos_add_acl( 'administration', 'edit', 'users', 'manager', 'components', 'com_comprofiler' );

HTH gsxfan

Post edited by: gsxfan, at: 2007/11/28 17:02

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn