Chucks Extended Profile

17 years 3 months ago #26723 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
chuck: do you have any idea how to change the dynamic-tab-plains? Id like to be able to more or less get rid of the tabs altogether and change them into links that would open up the tab in a whole knew page like on the mingleville site at the top, blog, picutures, video ect.

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #26759 by chucktrukk
Replied by chucktrukk on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
radio,

I have not idea how to do that.

Chuck

17 years 3 months ago #26787 by lynnbee
Replied by lynnbee on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
I just stumbled in here looking to do pretty much the same thing as what you guys are talking about in this thread: create more of a flat myspace-type page instead of having the profile structured like CB has it with all the tabs.

From what I can see, it looks like comprofiler.html.php is creating and calling all the tab functions. So like Beat noted here, if you rewrite that file and the template.css you should be golden.

Does that sound about right? And is anyone brave enough to take on the task of doing that?

If I was talented enough I would do it, but sadly I'd muck it all up.

17 years 3 months ago #26794 by chucktrukk
Replied by chucktrukk on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
lynn,

that is a HUGE task. comprofiler.html.php is basically a class that creates the output for every function in CB.

I went through and moved all of the methods in it to seperate files so I could work on them one-by-one. It is a task but doable.

Side note:
You can use the CB API for most things. And it is true, functionality/community are the cornerstones of a successful community site.

However, functionality/community do not always make a client happy. Most of my clients could care less about if it works as long as it "is pretty". Of course, my goal is to make it pretty and functional.

But, I think the MVC approach is the way to go. The more a program can give it's variables to the user (view), the better a user (or designer) (or developer) can use those to make totally unorthodox solutions.

I am in no way complaining about CB. It's great. This is my solution to my problem (I LOVE open source and its community).

Chuck

17 years 3 months ago #26818 by lynnbee
Replied by lynnbee on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
Yea, I didn't think it would be easy. I also see what you mean about MingleVille now. I hadn't really looked at it before, but it does have a tabbed approach that could probably be expanded in CB.

Let the playing begin! :silly:

17 years 3 months ago #26921 by tokmoh
Replied by tokmoh on topic can u help me..
i'm just want to change the profile LOCATION to LOCATION Study..
its simple rite?
how to change it?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn