Show Name & eMail in Contact Info

17 years 3 months ago #28498 by DrRadtke
Show Name & eMail in Contact Info was created by DrRadtke
Hi all,
I have researched through forum how to display name and email fileds in contact info. Obviously developers think that Name and eMail must not be shown because several postings say that it's not disigned for that. Only additional filds which contain data will be shown in "Contact Info". Nevertheless, I *want* to show the Users Real Name as well as eMail in the "Contact Info" Tab.

Any hint how I can make that ?

P.S. I don't want to add additional fields but just used the existing ones, Name and eMail !

Post edited by: DrRadtke, at: 2007/01/07 16:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30002 by Sig_ZA
Replied by Sig_ZA on topic Re:Show Name & eMail in Contact Info
I would like to do the same!!!

I am very impressed with what I have seen so far of CB, but not being able to display or even edit the contact details fields is a huge disappointment. :(

What would be very very nice is if the contact details fields could be edited with the field manager as in the same manner the additional info fields are edited.

17 years 2 months ago #30186 by akheir
Replied by akheir on topic Re:Show Name & eMail in Contact Info
I have been searching for hours and cannot find a solution. If someone knows how to do this, can you please help us?

BTW - With respect, please do not reply "do a search" or "check documentation". Tried that already.

16 years 11 months ago #36441 by chac416
Replied by chac416 on topic Re:Show Name & eMail in Contact Info
i need that option as well. i think we need to develop a plugin to extract the information from joomla core db and show it on cb

16 years 5 months ago #48703 by bganzel
Replied by bganzel on topic Re:Show Name & eMail in Contact Info
You can change some of the values in the DB to make it show up but it creates some problems, at least for me.

In jos_comprofiler_fields if you make these changes to a record, it will display in the Contact Info tab.

Change tabid to 11 (or the value of your contact info tab).

The problem with this is in the edit details you will see First Name: listed twice. Once with an input box, once without it toward the bottom of the form. It does work to put the values in the contact info tab though. It's late, so I will have to tweak it some more tomorrow

15 years 7 months ago #73709 by celendil
Replied by celendil on topic Re:Show Name & eMail in Contact Info
I've written a simple community builder plugin to do that.

i hope it can helps.

bye

Attachment plugin_userinfo.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn