adding fields in the registration form.

17 years 3 months ago #28728 by 49grill
Hello,
new to CB. I have a site that I would like to acquire more information at registration. Thus, I would like to add more info. fields. If all worlds aligned, I would like my registration form to look exactly like the registration form I filled out for Joomlapolis. Can anyone tell me how I can add these fields in the reg. from?

thanks in advance,

49grill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #28794 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:adding fields in the registration form.
yes....

backend
components
community builder
field management

up right = New field

make this new one
a) published = yes
b) Show at Registration? = YES
c) if you like viewable on profile = YES

thats all

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

17 years 2 months ago #30406 by jose0773
Replied by jose0773 on topic Re:adding fields in the registration form.
I had the problem of not being able to see the added fields to the Registration page - that's until I figured out that I was accessing the original joomla mod_login module as a Menu Item.:silly:

Be sure you have the proper setup and are using the mod_cblogin to access the Registration page. You'll see your added and required fields there.

Post edited by: jose0773, at: 2007/02/04 02:09

16 years 10 months ago #38735 by frankrussell
Replied by frankrussell on topic Re:adding fields in the registration form.
I am sure this is my problem, but don't quite understand how to cure it. I can add fields to the registration page using community builder field Management, but can only position them below the original login fields i.e. name, username, password. I want to Add first name and surname instead of name but the original fields do not appear under community builder field management. I cannot find them anywhere!
I have synched everything but have noticed in MySQL that info held in two tables jos_user and jos_compiler not all as one!
Help!

16 years 10 months ago #38767 by jmrava
Replied by jmrava on topic Re:adding fields in the registration form.
Go into CB Configuration page. In the General Tab, the first field is 'Name Style'. The default value of Name Style is 'Single Name field', change it to 'First and Last Name field'. Hope this helps.

16 years 5 months ago #50335 by mwq27
Replied by mwq27 on topic Re:adding fields in the registration form.
Hi, I have a similar problem. I want to add a hidden field to the registration page, that pulls a cookie value. I already have code that pulls a cookie value, but I need to know how I can add this hidden field to the registration page so the value of the hidden field will be stored in the users table. How would I go about doing this? Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn