forcing confirm of a user?

17 years 1 month ago #33633 by safa
forcing confirm of a user? was created by safa
Hi there,
I have a number of users (probably 10-15%) who didn't finalize teh email confirmation process. I'd like to contact them, and confirm them manually so they can use the site.
While one can click on the Enabled X and turn activate them, or similarly for approval, you can't do that for confirmation. How can you force confirm a user? I've used SQL to do it, but it sounds like a tedious process to do for each user.
Safa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #33637 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
safa wrote:

Hi there,
I have a number of users (probably 10-15%) who didn't finalize teh email confirmation process. I'd like to contact them, and confirm them manually so they can use the site.
While one can click on the Enabled X and turn activate them, or similarly for approval, you can't do that for confirmation. How can you force confirm a user? I've used SQL to do it, but it sounds like a tedious process to do for each user.
Safa

from cb user management open the unconfirmed user and set the confirm user drop down field to yes in the contact info tab.

then save.

17 years 1 month ago #33728 by safa
Replied by safa on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
thank you!

17 years 4 weeks ago #34372 by overett1
Replied by overett1 on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
I have a similar problem. User signed up with incorrect email address, I spotted the error, corrected it in the back-end and resent the confirmation email. He clicked on the confirmation link, and I then approved him. However, the 'confirmation' setting still shows as a cross, and changing the confirm user drop down field to 'yes' and saving makes no difference. Any suggestions? How would I modify using SQL?

17 years 4 weeks ago #34382 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
overett1 wrote:

I have a similar problem. User signed up with incorrect email address, I spotted the error, corrected it in the back-end and resent the confirmation email. He clicked on the confirmation link, and I then approved him. However, the 'confirmation' setting still shows as a cross, and changing the confirm user drop down field to 'yes' and saving makes no difference. Any suggestions? How would I modify using SQL?

use a similar solution.
read my initial response and follow the process.

17 years 4 weeks ago #34414 by overett1
Replied by overett1 on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
What bit of your initial response did my post indicate I had not followed?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn