Login issue

16 years 11 months ago #36667 by Flash24
Login issue was created by Flash24
Thanks for a great product, but I have a few questions/issues I am hoping to get a little help with. I have a rather complex system of sites, actually 4 sites linked together using the Syn component from ELearning Force (for CB). All of the sites are sharing the info of the user DB with this component, and all are tied around a central SMF forum in which I have bridged. Everything was a royal pain to get working, but that was due to the complexity of it. Where I am having an issue, and I hope you can help is based on the CB login module. There are actually two issues.

One, do you have any clue why it is not logging the users into the SMF forum as well? Yes, I have everything checked that can be to make CB work with SMF. It is registering the users fine, but they have to log in seperatley to the forum. This one is more of a nuisance, than anything.

The second problem has my admin mail box full most of the time. When a user logs into the website, it is not refreshing to a page that is showing them logged in most of the time. It is logging them in, and if they click home or any other link, they show logged in, but if they dont, the login fields still appear and some of the registered user functions fail to appear. This leaves a lot of people thinking that they arent and cant log in to the sites.

It doesnt happen all the time, and mostly it seems it is after someones cache/history has been cleared. Of they just time out on the site and log back in it is not happening that I have seen.

You can see this at www.dirtwizard.net (there is a menu there for all the active sites)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #37538 by Flash24
Replied by Flash24 on topic Re:Login issue
Any help, PLEASE

16 years 10 months ago #39500 by ericodom
Replied by ericodom on topic Re:Login issue

The second problem has my admin mail box full most of the time. When a user logs into the website, it is not refreshing to a page that is showing them logged in most of the time. It is logging them in, and if they click home or any other link, they show logged in, but if they dont, the login fields still appear and some of the registered user functions fail to appear. This leaves a lot of people thinking that they arent and cant log in to the sites.

I'm having the same problem and can't for the life of me find a fix.

16 years 10 months ago #39613 by ekhudson
Replied by ekhudson on topic Re:Login issue
I had the same problem with the login. I was on the phone with a user who explained that if he input his username and password and then clicked on the login button, "nothing happened." We found that if he clicked on the Register button the page would reset and now he could see that he was logged in. Otherwise, it appeared that he was not logged in although he really was.

The way I solved it:

I went into the configuration and I turned on the option that pops up a confirmation box (you are now logged into XXXXXXX.com) and has an OKAY button. I can't remember where that is exactly, but dig around for it - it's in the configuration section. I also decided to have the site go to the user's profile page upon login.

My idea was that, although I don't know why login is having that problem, if it has to pop open the confirmation window at the next step (once they click on Login) and in addition redirect them to their profile, then perhaps this will kick it out of "being stuck" on the login page.

:woohoo: Well, it WORKED! That user's problem went away and no other user has reported the problem again. And frankly, it seems to help people know as a fact that they are logged in by getting that popup - and the popup at the end that tells them they are now logged off the site.

Hope this helps.

-Edward

Post edited by: ekhudson, at: 2007/06/16 03:35

16 years 10 months ago #39626 by fhmanas
Replied by fhmanas on topic Re:Login issue
Am also having the same problem with the login, it only happens when the browser is first run (I use firefox), first time I go to the my site, CB Login does not appear to reflect correctly, then I choose to register and lo and behold, I am logged in. After that, the whole website works normally.

Is there a better fix than the pop-up window method, since having that pop-up is not that elegant.

16 years 10 months ago #39628 by fhmanas
Replied by fhmanas on topic Re:Login issue
Found a workaround for this, go to module cb_login and enter Login Redirection url and point it to whatever page you want, I redirect it to the same page (myurl.com/content/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1), and presto, login is refreshed properly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn