CB Login and OpenSEF

16 years 9 months ago #40153 by emstalk
CB Login and OpenSEF was created by emstalk
Hello, I am running Joomla 1.0.12 with CB 1.0.2. I recently installed OpenSEF on my site to make it more search engine friendly as well as to support some other site features. However, I noticed that when I have SEF enabled, CB will not allow me to login but when I disable SEF, I can login.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get CB Login to work with SEF? I am thinking this may have something to do with how the URL is being rewritten but I am not sure. Do I need to modify my .htaccess file to make this work. If yes, what should I modify?

Please someone help me.

Thank You

Jaysen Johnson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #49802 by Partic
Replied by Partic on topic Re:CB Login and OpenSEF
Sorry that no one has helped you out prior to now.

I've just encountered pretty much the same issue today with a site and it's probably been going on for ages, but the client hadn't logged in the way I was doing so today.

My problem was that when logging in on a page that was not the home page, OpenSEF would add an extra / into the url, so you'd have www.site.com//redirection which then gave a Page does not exist error.

CB_Login module was set to go to the page that I logged in from.

Going through the OpenSEF settings, in the Features area, "Generate Absolute URLS" was off. Turning this back on removed the error, so now users can successfully login when not on the home page, and the URL is written correctly.

Hope that helps.

Patrick Jackson
www.kpsystems.com.au
Joomla Developer: Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne Joomla User Group: www.joomladay.org.au/melbourne-user-group

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn